Yet another BSOD problem

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
My friend had xp loaded and it was causing problem since last 2 weeks, he could start the sys a week ago , even tried reinstalling but xp cd wont even copy the dll while setup. So i installed vista into the system, but that was giving errors n restrting at times n crashing programs. Then he asked me to install xp instead so i did that today, i loaded n all setup was ok, but he called me again n said it wont start , its howing bsod problem.
Wht can be the problem source n remedy. Is there some new virus prob.
He has genuine kaspersky n uses internet to play warcraft online, n nothing else. Is kasp any good, it mayb its not detecting.
how to resolve this prob
any softwre or tehnique to pass this,pl help me.

There's a little chance that Kasper misses malware. BSODs are not only coz of malware, its mainly due to bad hardware or some unsupported drivers or latest upgrade into unsupported hardware causing system crash. This may be due to a faulty HDD or memory module. You must give me the BSOD techinical code to analyse the actual fault. To do that, follow:-

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
  2. Double-click System.
  3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
  4. In Write Debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k).
Then, goto C:\windows\minidump\minidump.dmp .Post the file here.

OP
phuchungbhutia

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I forgot to mention that he had installed graphics card nvdia 9400 gt may b thats the real cause , in such a case what would you recommend.
Wher can i get new driver , the device mgr dont show no wrong, the nvidia software says its ok.
i ll ask him to give me that dump report. Thanks for the help

OP
phuchungbhutia

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I hv exam goin on havent been to his place . My fren said he installed vista again,. . . but kaspersky seem to hav deleted some files from c drive n he getting prob n he removed kaspersky, . -
i ll get that dump report in some days. Thanks for ur valuable help.
ps can u suggest better antivirus than kasp which has least no of false detections pl

Nod32 or Avast pro :) but i cant make sure that they will run better in vista (bloatware) I had a hard time fixing a friends computer with Vista. Its a headache !!
Wheneva u get time, just attach that .dmp file and i will see to it !

Top Bottom