Yahoo, Voice chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradipudhaya

Broken In
Hello everyone, I am unable to enable voice chat on my messenger. It was workig fine and I was able to do voice chat very well. But yesterday, when I entered a room, i was unable to activate it. I tried rolling back to older versions, but in vain. The error i get is 'VOICE ERROR: You are not authorised to join the conference' Help me out people

Saharika

In the zone
i dont know about this much any way seeing and experiencing that there are not many people to help relating to yahoo account....
i think i can try to help
first thing u can do is
use the help of the yahoo website it self ,they do have huge help ,even for that voice chat ......
next thing i also didnt know this site ever existed....before today
*www.yahoo-help.com/voice.html
any way try if it helps.....

and from what i can understand ,you need to be invited or you need to invite other for conference ...may be you are trying to enter in to un athorised conference.....
may be you can try things
in yahoo chat first ...
may be some body other may have better idea...

rohanbee

Padawan
Yes i agree with saharika, i used to be a regular chatter a year back , but that was with friends and they would send an invitation for a voice chat which i needed to accept and vice-versa.
The room which you are entering might be a closed group hence the members might have been given passwords, Hence your inability to activate voice chat. Try sending one of the members a voice-chat invite and see if you can find out if this is a closed group.
Hope this info helps!

OP
pradipudhaya

pradipudhaya

Broken In
Soryy, but it aint a closed or a rivate room. It is a publlic room. It used to work fine. But don't know what went wrong :cry: :cry: :cry:

Charley

Just Do It
Try doing an audio setup test in the yahoo mesenger option. I guess then u cud figure out whats the reason.

Charley

Just Do It
People behind on any sort of network are NOT able to do voice chat or webcam.

The only time you are able to do so, if your able to connect to Yahoo using "No Proxies". If you have to use any other type of connection to access Yahoo, then you will not be able to.

Messenger>Preference>Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom