Yahoo messenger using ::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
42 MB system RAM ??

I just happened to see the resource meter and foudn that ymessenger is using more than 42 MB ram.. earlier I used to think that its MSN messenger which is heavier, it was using only 15 MB !

Guys. please post ur messenger usage..
PS: I was only running ymessenger.. no chat window - nothing.. btw.. I have latest Yahoo messenger !

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm my yahoo 7.0... takes about 23/24 MB... why ur use so high.... how many PM & chat room windows were opened at the time u calculeted it?? & what is the version??

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
No windows open. Not even the main window. Its just signed in and in the system tray. Its using 29 MB at this time. It varies actually. between 30-50 MB. Depends on how much RAM u hvae installed too. (If u have more RAM, it does not page and takes more RAM). I have 512 MB RAM btw. And im using version 7.0.0.437. Latest!

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Guys.. Yaar there is a limit of using RAM for a applicatino like that .. Even firefox with 17 tabs opened is using 28 MB and
At that time I was just signed in .. no PM, no chat.. I have mentioned that already..

Right now its using 18MB .. hmm..

theraven

Technomancer
ram usage by yahoo depends on version and usage
45, tho a high figure, is somehow very normal ..
dun worry
switch messengers if u have too much of a problem with this
try gaim if u will

Ashis

In the zone
What RU guys talking bout!

*img382.imageshack.us/img382/747/yahoomessengerram5rj.th.gif

mine is 40-45,i think when u are having more ram,its will consume more memory,not the page file,
mine is 1gb ram,and with no pm n chat room open it uses 40-45!!

Is tht Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom