Yahoo messener to be extinct in 33 years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Atleast for a day... dont blv? change your sysem date to 19-Jan-2038,
and time to 03:14:07 AM or above....impossible to use messy then... well sorry for posting this in latest news....

PS: Ignore if already known.

PS1: I noticed that my real time protection for norton got auto disabled. Plz confirm.

iinfi

mekalodu
i think its something to do with 32-bit processors which we use now. hence the problem
i m not very sure though.
if i m rite
33 years hence we will be using 128 or 256 bit processors and it wont be an issue

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
iinfi said:
i think its something to do with 32-bit processors which we use now. hence the problem
if i m rite
33 years hence we will be using 128 or 256 bit processors and it wont be an issue
It's not hardware related at all. it's OS related. And specificaly, the amount of bits allocated to the seconds storage.

iinfi

mekalodu
siriusb said:
iinfi said:
if i m rite
It's not hardware related at all. it's OS related. And specificaly, the amount of bits allocated to the seconds storage.

oh ok .... sorry for the mistake ... thanks for correcting ...

cryptid

Journeyman
it something like theY2k bug,,, if u change the date and time to the above give time then ur internet explorer and Y! messenger will crash,,,,, i read it in yesterdays newspaper and tried it and my WIndows got screwed royally but nothing happened to my Linux ( Ubuntu) but its also given in the paper that few Unix system are also effected by this bug

musafir

Broken In
hey in the next 33 years i myself might be extinct so does it really matter if yahoo massager is extinct or metamorphised to some other kind of massager :D

cryptid

Journeyman
i guess this bug will be fixed in few days and we dont need to worry bout it,,, i wonder how come no viruses have been released in the wild which will exploit this vulnerability and crash computers

musafir

Broken In
there r software available to test the vulnerability of our o/s...i saw it somewhere in this . try it out on your system...u'll be suprised to see that there are a few holes in your system

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The post/thread has been deleted automatically... read the rules for what the pruning sys means.. it gets auto-deleted :)

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
QwertyManiac said:
The post/thread has been deleted automatically... read the rules for what the pruning sys means.. it gets auto-deleted :)

Thanks for that QM, will surely do that :)

musafir

Broken In
digit does some pruning in order to free up the system from filling up..i guess....many people have lost quite a few posting because of the spring cleaning that happens here every once in awhile. yes u do have to be a bit carefull....can't do anything about it though....house rules i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom