1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Yahoo clamps down on Claria adware

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by it_waaznt_me, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me Coming back to life ..

Yahoo strengthened its new anti-spyware application to detect pop-up advertising software, including that of its longtime partner Claria, formerly known as Gator
    Got any message ..??
    Btw .. I wasnt using Yahoo Toolbar ..So I dont know how is it going to affect those using it ..

All they want to tell is they have got some Anti Spyware thingy built in Yahoo Toolbar now ..and its not gonna support Gator now ..

http://news.com.com/Yahoo+clamps+down+on+Claria+adware/2100-1024_3-5300287.html?tag=cd.lede

2. blade_runner

blade_runner New Member

Yeah Gator is a fairly suspect software ! Installs with shareware and stuff and then targets Ads on the users PC. It's good that Yahoo is taking action against them by classifying Gator as adware !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.