Yahoo! and Spymac on OUTLOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hi their...

NeOne tell me how can i get all my Yahoo! mails in Outlook Express 6?
I use Opera 4 surfing.Tell me how 2 access my Spymac mails in it?Let me know abt all d SETTINGS 2 b done..!

:) THX :)

[digitt]

Broken In
for yahoo the settings wud be
Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail name (your address without the "@yahoo.com")

make sure u Check the box next to "My Server Requires Authentication"

cya :)

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
for spymac
Incoming (pop) server: mail.spymac.com
Outgoing (smtp) server: mail.spymac.com

read this for how to set up SMTP authorization in outlook.
*www.spymac.com/support/index.php?postid=46

tuxfan

Technomancer
what [digitt] says won't work unless you pay to yahoo :(

However, go to *yahoopops.sourceforge.net and download yahoopops. Follow their instructions and you will be able to get yahoo mails in OE6. In case of confusion, post the problem. :)

Don't know anything about spymac.

adit_sen

In the zone
dude....u got it all mixed up....yahoo pop is not free...
but if u wanna use it....got to *yahoopops.sourceforge.net/ and download the software. using that u can use yahoo as a pop based mail in any email client....and sorry, i have'nt heard about spymac...

peace

tuxfan

Technomancer
I think it all depends on other programs that may or may not interfer with it while it is running. For example, if you also have ePrompter running, both try to get hold of localhost :(

Also check out the FAQ that they may have there.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
u need 2 set the time 2 the max as it takes a long time 2 connect and stuff...but yahoopops works and generally does a good job...u can get ur spymac settings frm the email that spymac sent u after u confirmed the email account....

tuxfan

Technomancer
But I have faced some problems with YahooPops when the mail has attachment. Please bear that in mind. I don't know if later versions have taken care of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom