Xperia Z Ultra - Is it a good buy @13990?

sam1

Journeyman
Since last week, I have been seeing the Xperia Z Ultra occasionally becoming available for INR 13990. Plz advise if it is a good buy at this price.

OP
S

sam1

Journeyman
I just love the display and the size - saw it at emall quite a while back, I think. Good for reading ebooks too, I presume.

$hadow

Geek in making
I wouldn't buy it. Carrying it would be a pain in the @$$ and if that's not a problem go for it.

OP
S

sam1

Journeyman
Carrying arrangements have been made. What worries me though, is that quite a few users have mentioned a screen cracking issue. Could you guys shed any light on how valid / serious that claim is?

- - - Updated - - -

has anyone heard of or suffered this screen cracking issue in Z ultra?

mitraark

Decrepit
I own one.

You need to tell us, how do you plan to carry the Z Ultra ? Where are you going to use it ? On the move, on train or in a bus?

Screen cracking issue isn't like the screen cracks all of a sudden, but rather, the double sided glass is, for obvious reasons, fragile as anything, and not recommended for robust use.

Also, the screen is a battery hog, watching videos would have been a better experience if not for the rapidly declining battery level.

No complaints about the performance of the device though, UI is slickkkkkk, and the looks, OMG types.

OP
S

sam1

Journeyman
sorry for the late reply everyone and thanks again for all your inputs. I got one sometime back and thoroughly loving it. I have to carry it in my laptop bag, as it is HUGE! But I don't mind at all, as it more than makes up for the size issue by being the "mini tv" + ebook reader that I can carry around. Gives me around 1.5 days of backup with stamina mode on. Please note that it is not my primary phone, so the expectations from it are a little different.

Pawan Thakur

Right off the assembly line
The mobile phone of Xperia are really very nice and cool. Model of Xperia are totally different from every phone. :)

Top Bottom