Xperia L/Nexus 4/SG S3 ? help me to chose

SUKHI99

never forgot your roots!
please provide your suggestions in selecting the right phone.
I'm pretty much confused.
I had decided upon the Nexus 4. but heard having battery issue, after 4-5 month its pathetic battery life. not even half day. IS IT TRUE?:-x camera and audio is normal not as good as Galaxy S3 or Sony Xperia L or SP?
so I'm back to square. help out with your suggestions regarding these or suggest other than three if there are good one.

Thanks,

Minion

Conversation Architect
Sony Xperia SP is a good phone but has bad camera while Xperia L is cheaper and is very good performer.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
@SUKHI99: I own a N4. I bought it about 3-4 weeks back.
My friend owns a N4 too. He got it from US through a friend. He has been using it for more than 6 months. He is not facing any issues with battery. He easily gets more than a day of battery backup. This was one of the points that made me choose N4.

I see lot of rumor about bad battery life of N4. I never faced this issue, and many others who are using N4 can definitely vouch for what I'm saying. Do not buy these rumors.

ashs1

Padawan
i have a Xperia L & this is what i have to say :

Battery is a bit weak..After a whole day, my battery usually stands at 15% or so at night, so i have to charge it every night.
Camera is a bit disappointing..excess noise in pics..shakes in photo..there are other better 8MP in market, but still, its a decent performer. Hopefully, some update might fix this.
Processor power : hasn't slowed a bit yet..i gotta say, its excellent so far. but no 1080p as of now.. :(
Audio : excellent sound quality & lots of tweaks !!

I'd say its definately value for money, but if it had better battery & camera, it would've been the best mobile under 16k !!!!

OP
S

SUKHI99

never forgot your roots!
Thanks guys will look up on your advices..
I wonder no one is talking about SG S3.:mrgreen:
lol:p

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Samsung galaxy SIII is old now.I haven't seen a nexus 4 yet but looks good on paper Xperia SP is good too but SQ is not good while Xperia L has awesome SQ.
Overall Xperia L is a all round performer.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Tomorrow N4 will get 4.3 OTA... that's a Mother of all pros...
Battery will last u easily for a day+
other phones u mentioned are having half RAM & 2 less cpu cores than the monster N4.
So go for Nexus 4 eyes closed.

Nexus 4 has no battery issue, it just has low battery life, esp screen on time. In WiFi, you will get 4-5 hrs of browsing. In 2G/3G, it is around 3 hours. Stand by time is great. While sleeping, take 7 hrs, it just drains 1%, sometimes 2%.

S3 has better camera, battery life n audio(in N4 it can be increased after rooting). Also SD card slot. If u want better battery life, get S3

Otherwise N4 is the best

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Yup every site is mentioned this. Also I am already uaing 4.3 leaked build. :cool:

I know about the leaked 4.3 dump. But is the official update news already out? If you don't mind, can you please share the link to the news? I searched for it, but was able to find info on only the leaked 4.3 dump.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
I know about the leaked 4.3 dump. But is the official update news already out? If you don't mind, can you please share the link to the news? I searched for it, but was able to find info on only the leaked 4.3 dump.

*m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2283232/google-to-announce-android-43-jelly-bean-on-24-july

guru_urug

iGoogle

Yes Google's Android in charge, Sundar Pichai will be conducting the event tomorrow. They will reveal the new Nexus 7 which comes out of the box with 4.3 and with it launch Android 4.3 for the existing Nexus devices as well

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
@ SUKHI99

Check this - Android 4.3 improvements detailed in video including big battery boost

Read Here

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
@RohanM : Did your N4's battery life improve in the leaked build of 4.3 ?

I have only used it for few hours and that to without .64 radio and new bootloader. Reverted to stock as having some issues in titanium backup. So cant really tested it. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom