XP SP 3 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I installed the SP3 given in the June DVD of Digit. Now I cannot change my Theme. No matter whichever one I select, it doesn't changes only the animation that says Please Wait is displayed and nothing changes. The XP I'm using had Vista Transformation Pack preinstalled in it with few registry hacks like Copy To, Move To etc. Also please tell me how can I create a bootable XP SP3 DVD from my current installation coupled with few softwares of my own choice?

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
The question is that now my boot screen and theme is Windows default no matter which Theme I select . What is the probable problem and its solution, please help :(

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Get the latest UXTheme patcher for SP3 which will allow you to use custom visual styles. If you want those Vista-like animations and effects, try the Vista Inspirat Bricopack from CrystalXP.net. It's much better than VTP, IMHO.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Thanks a lot, UX Patcher did the trick. I downloaded the Brico Pack but didn't installed it because before taking the plunge wanted to clarify the issue that is it permanent like Transformation Pack or can be un installed?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Don't worry, Bricopack can be easily uninstalled. It places all its files in a folder named Bricopacks in the Windows directory and takes a backup of any files it replaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom