Xp Setup Problem (urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
got a laptop here, its a Compaq Presario C500

the config is a C2D 1.66ghz T2060, 512MB of ram.

when i run the xp setup, at the screen it asks for repairing or new installation, i chose the new installation option but it says no connected hds/mass storage devices found, its pretty obvious the hd is properly connected and its a 80 gb 5400rpm sata.

do we need to take any special measures while installing xp on a sata drive?

never installed xp on a sata drive and never bothered if there is anything different or special.

thanks for the replies, its urgent :(

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Enter into BIOS settings and make sure that the HDD is listed there.
Also there must be an option of changing the settings for SATA HDD for legacy OS, like 98, ME or for new OS, like XP. Make sure its set for new OS XP. :)

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
Seems ur HDD is not detected. How can u be obvious about ur HDD. I have found even new laptops directly shipped to the dealers to have that sort of problems.

abhijangda

Padawan
Hey friend first see in bios if hdd is detected or not. If it is not then see if cable and power cable are connected if there is dust between connections then clean it. If this doesn't work then get a new power cable or date cable or both and then try again. If it is detected in bios and raid is on then you have to installed sata raid driver. When you start windows setup then press f6 and use floppy to install raid driver. If this doesn't work then your hdd is probably developed bad sectors and you have to replace it.

OP
The Outsider

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
got it solved that time only, had to disable "legacy os support for sata drives".

thanks all for the replies, specially Vishal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom