XP Product key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sankalp

Journeyman
Hi Guys!!!

Does neone know where the product key is stored in windows XP. I Meant to say in which file??

Slam Team

Journeyman
Dude ... Its not stored in any file.. It is stored and encrypted in the registry... Use a tool like Magical Jellybeans Keyfinder to find out ur XP Product key.. Just google it and u'll find it!!! :wink:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
In Windows XP, the product key stored in DigitalProductID Registry key. But, it is no longer available as clear text in registry ...so u need a software to view the key....

:arrow: download this software ... *tinyurl.com/4bdhz

PS >> if mods find it not according to forum rules,just delete the post will ya...!! :wink: :wink:

rajas

In the zone
"Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder" is a gud utility to know the Product key from Win95 to Win2003 and from Office97 to 2k3.

Actually it uses the Microsoft's way of Viewing/ Changing the Product key. Chk out :
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328874.

am sure we arent going out of Forum rules, are we??

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
rajas said:
"Actually it uses the Microsoft's way of Viewing/ Changing the Product key. Chk out :
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328874.

Please post the updated link as this has become obsolete.

sureshkumar

Broken In
you can use everest home edition to find product id and product key and many more more more information about your system.

dreams

Gracias Senor
actually ur Key is encrypted and shown as Product ID and stored in the registry.. thr are many small s/w tht can show the key and also change it.. just google and it may help u..

..nJoy..

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
What wrong in this? Suppose you have a legal copy of XP and you lost the CD key, won't you like to recover it this way? I dont think this is against the forum rules.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
krishnathelord said:
against the rules of forum

reported

Sorry 8) :cry:

:shock: :shock: reporting after soooo may posts already????

nd moreover he is asking for the key FROM HIS PC...seems within the rules of this forum....nyways mods to decide...

rajas

In the zone
Dude,

In case if one has lost his own key, call up MS and will give you it.

Just make sure you have all the following you call up a MS Rep.
1) The product CD-ROM
2) The computer on which you want to install Office
3) The readable parts of your original product key (if available)
4) The ProductID information in the registry

Source(Holds good for Office/Windows):
*office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011508341033.aspx

Now donn ask me Y i need to call MS when I have 3rd party utilities to gimme the same.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
c'mon Tux... whether he needed it for "bad" or "gud" .. he got what he needed...by the time u posted abt his "bad" intentions he had a list of softwares that ppl told him in this thread...!!!!

so cooooool down man!!

T

Tux

grinning_devil said:
c'mon Tux... whether he needed it for "bad" or "gud" .. he got what he needed...by the time u posted abt his "bad" intentions he had a list of softwares that ppl told him in this thread...!!!!

so cooooool down man!!

yeah. I like when ppl hv bad intensions.
I am a piration fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom