Xonar D2X and Z5500

Hi Friends,

I bought Z5500 way back in 2007 at Rs 24,000 and its 05 years now since purchase. Till now I was using onboard sound through optical and it was serving good for me.
When I purchased Z5500 I was thinking of also purchasing a good sound card, but due to budget constraints I was unable to do so.
But, Thank God, lastly this year I purchased Asus Xonar D2X online from PRIMEABGB at Rs 8250 and I must say that PRIMEABGB’s service is awesome, I received my soundcard in less than 48 hours. Their service is really fast. I would like to shop again from them.

Now the real testing, after plugging in the soundcard I was just amazed with the performance, it was mind blowing. Everything be it music, movies or games everything sounded awesome.

So my final personal take on Z5500 and Asus Xonar D2X is as following:

Logitech Z5500

Music : 4/5
Movies: 5/5
Games : 5/5

Asus Xonar D2X
Music : 5/5
Movies: 5/5
Games : 4/5

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
post some screens of your setup if possible.
do share your settings as well. and congratulations on your purchase. :)

OP
S

santoshkumardhn

Broken In
I have connected through both analog and digital.
While listening music I prefer analog mode and while watching DVD's I prefer digital mode with DTS Connect option.
People say that using digital optical connection through motherboard and a dedicated soundcard is same i.e. in both the cases z5500 DAC is used, but my experience is that Xonar D2X optical output with DTS Connect option is way better than MB's digital optical output, no comparisons at all between the two.

Top Bottom