XOLO Q800 - Short Review

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Still better than overpriced samsung garbage which has the worst of phones at this price point.

Frankly if you ask me, forget Samsung, there is absolutely no mobile as good , in this price range. Only thing is this price range doesn't last for long and the tendency to upgrade is huge.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
What about the call quality and signal reception? Any issues over long conversations?

Do come back and post your experience after a month or so..

OP
ayush_chh

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
What about the call quality and signal reception? Any issues over long conversations?

Do come back and post your experience after a month or so..

i am using this for my office use...and i really did not see any issue. Will re post after a couple of month or so ..

davinder

Broken In
@freshsesons

So you didn't like the phone cause its chinese?? Even your branded Iphone's,Sony,HTC are manufactured in China. *

Xolo Q800 is NOT manufactured by xolo itself. Its a rebranded phone.
This phone is also known as Fly IQ446/Gionee GN708W and as decent build quality comparable to bigger brands like samsung. Gionee is one of the premium manufacturer/oem from mainland china.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
@freshsesons

So you didn't like the phone cause its chinese?? Even your branded Iphone's,Sony,HTC are manufactured in China. *

Xolo Q800 is NOT manufactured by xolo itself. Its a rebranded phone.
This phone is also known as Fly IQ446/Gionee GN708W and as decent build quality comparable to bigger brands like samsung. Gionee is one of the premium manufacturer/oem from mainland china.

By this century isn't it already given that everything is chinese manufactured almost. What i meant basically is , unlike X900 or X1000 which are Gigabyte made Intel based mobiles also rebadged by xolo, which have superb built quality this xolo mobile is quite inferior in comparison. So my comparison was amongst all re-badged models of Xolo itself never pointed to Samsung,Htc etc.

And sorry this one doesn't have better built quality to Samsung like you said , Only better Features. This is ahead feature wise in this price bracket almost to all mobiles. For built quality look elsewhere.

However i already alluded if you read my post this is the best mobile at this price point. Peace !

dabster

In the zone
@ayush_chh: did you happen to check GPS locking on this device.. ? Is it fast ?
I had ordered Q700 that has GPS locking problem(me and many other people) and I am thinking about this model, but only if GPS is actually working.

atiwaand

Broken In
o.k. ...

apart from 0.5 inch disply and ~50 ppi difference..... is there any other diff in Q800 and Q 1000....????

if the answer is "NO" then i have further question.....

i am thinking to buy sennheiser headset....

(Sennheiser CX 275s In-the-ear Headset - Sennheiser: Flipkart.com)

Can it do justice to the awsome sound quality of these headsets...????

plz guide me over this.....?????

OP
ayush_chh

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
use POWERAMP

Its best cellphone. After 1month of use, i wanna say... no restart, no lag, no freezing. awesome mobile at 10.5k :)

sure, i will try it today

o.k. ...

apart from 0.5 inch disply and ~50 ppi difference..... is there any other diff in Q800 and Q 1000....????

if the answer is "NO" then i have further question.....

i am thinking to buy sennheiser headset....

(Sennheiser CX 275s In-the-ear Headset - Sennheiser: Flipkart.com)

Can it do justice to the awsome sound quality of these headsets...????

plz guide me over this.....?????

i used my Creative EP630 with it and was not satisfied, so let me not advice you on this.

helpmeout

Broken In
Hey guys Ive been doing research about this mobile since 1 month and I've almost made up my mind to buy it . The only thing I want to ask is that I want to know this co. is providing high end features at such a cheap rate so have you tried to dismantle its parts to know whether they are really chinese or not,like its processor,graphics card,battery and all..
I mean why are those branded phones are so costly around 20 grand ?
such a huge difference ? available less than half its rate ....
Are these xolo,micromax,karbonn cheaper due to its just brand name or are they using chinese parts ?
If it is using totally chinese parts then its not worth more than 7000 because it has no durability and unexpected breakdown is likely to happen at any time .
What do you xolo q800 users think ?:|:|

To all xolo q800 users .
Please reply as fast as possible as rates are going to hike by 5% in electronics ..

Last edited:

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Xolo downgraded the chip of the new stock of Q800. Now its the same as Q700. So IMO its better to buy the Q700 instead.

Top Bottom