Xolo q800 restarts abruptly

sksundram

In the zone
This occurred today for the first time. The problem seems to do something with Vodafone 3g. I have been a Reliance 3g user for long but recently I changed my location and due to non availability of Reliance signals, I have to opt for Vodafone. While using 3g my phone got hot unbelievably and before I had examined further, it restarted.

So I checked the temperature. In 2g mode, temp was 32 degree celsius but when I changed the mode to 3g, temp rose to 40. I know 3g has temperature issues but the problem is that after crossing 40, my phone restarts.

what should I do now? This never ever happened with Reliance 3g.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
check for background services consuming data. and how signal strength are you getting? put a data monitor and check for activity. also try checking with different network SIM card. I believe there is a way to start android phones in safe mode, try using safe mode and check if phone gets heated.

OP
sksundram

sksundram

In the zone
The issue has not been resolved yet.
I get full signal strength and there's minimal background services (the essential ones).
I have also greenified the data hogging apps (though their numbers are very few in my phone).
I don't know anything about safe mode option. I have known only about engineer's mode but that's only for tinkering with advanced settings and that doesn't help either with the situation.

As far as checking with different SIM cards is concerned, I have only checked it with Reliance SIM which I have stated in my original post.
what could be the problem? With Reliance 3g it never get hot (not even considerably) but with Vodafone.. huh! it seems like it is being fried in a hot oven.

Any possible analysis, guys?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
How much of the internal memory is free? One of my friends phone(although it's a different phone) restarts as he has almost 0 internal storage.

Other than that it might be a improperly fitting battery that may cause the issue.

ankush28

Bazinga
>As mentioned above check improperly fitted battery
>you can go to safe mode by... Press and hold power button>power menu appears>long press "Power off">confirmation of safe mode>ok>done

>uninstall greenify temporary
Reboot once and check again if it persist.

>Try using phone w/o any sim and check for problems.

>if you know how to take "logs" then post log file. It will help to understand the problem. Google "how to take logs in android using LogCat"

Minion

Conversation Architect
The issue has not been resolved yet.
I get full signal strength and there's minimal background services (the essential ones).
I have also greenified the data hogging apps (though their numbers are very few in my phone).
I don't know anything about safe mode option. I have known only about engineer's mode but that's only for tinkering with advanced settings and that doesn't help either with the situation.

As far as checking with different SIM cards is concerned, I have only checked it with Reliance SIM which I have stated in my original post.
what could be the problem? With Reliance 3g it never get hot (not even considerably) but with Vodafone.. huh! it seems like it is being fried in a hot oven.

Any possible analysis, guys?

Nothing to worry its just poor signal that causes phone modem heat like oven.You can do these things
1)Switch off data services when not using it.
2)Change your operator to Airtel I always get full signal even in WCDMA mode and no heating issue or battery draining issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I was facing same problem with my sony Tipo when using reliance sim now after changing operator i am not facing that problem anymore.

Top Bottom