Xolo Play T1000 vs Xolo Q1100

nmenon

Broken In
Guys I'm looking to buy a mobile within 16K within the next 2-3 weeks.
I know that the Moto G is probably the best in this range however it doesn't suit my requirements of Expandable memory. After research I've come to a confusion between the Xolo Play T1000 and the Xolo Q1100.
On one hand the beautiful visuals (in gaming terms) of the Tegra 3's ULP GeForce and Android 4.3 on the other hand with a decent chipset.
I'm normally a gentle user of phones so durability shouldn't be a problem unless there are documented hardware issues ( been using my Nokia N8 for over 2 years and my 3230 for 7 years).
Any other suggestions are welcome but I'd prefer to avoid MTK processors, having compared the performance of a Moto G with a Canvas 4 and been mildly disappointed.
It will be used as a test bed for Android apps as I'm into some low level development. Further the requirement for expandable memory is due to the fact that I have a rather large Music collection and my N8 has issues with its 3.5mm jack.

Thanks in advance guys!

OP
N

nmenon

Broken In
Thanks for the note. Still prefer the Xolos to the Moto G. Just to confirm does the Moto G have USB OTG?.. And OTG is a bit of a hassle when travelling, which I do a lot by the way. By the way forgot to mention my Usage patterns.
Music playback and videos. Whatsapp. Navigation is not too much of an Issue have Nokia maps for that.. Largeish screen preferred.. 3.5" is a bit cramped.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
moto g has USB OTG. screen size is 4.5".

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/179362-moto-g-discussion-thread.html

and here is sandisk dual

Sandisk Dual - Buy Products Online at Best Price in India - All Categories | Flipkart.com

- - - Updated - - -

or you can check out meenova:
www.meenova.com/‎

OP
N

nmenon

Broken In
[MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] You say this on an overall note I guess. Thanks man!
Any new opinions are always welcome.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Iris Pro has the dated 6589 chipset while Q1100 has Snapdragon 400 which is the same found in Moto G and that beats the crap out of 6589 so...

OP
N

nmenon

Broken In
I wouldn't buy the Lava Iris Pro, Xolo makes slightly better phones available to us than Lava. I don't want a Mediatek based phone anyway, or I'd have gone for the Canvas 4. Will get the phone within the next 2 weeks. By the looks of it unless the Xolo Play really offers a much better deal, I'll be going with the Q1100.
Still if there's anyone out there who's used either, your experiences would be welcome

OP
N

nmenon

Broken In
Had a chance to use all three phones. The Play and Q1100 at a showroom and a friend's Moto G.. My personal views are that for pure visuals the Play takes the cake in tegra games, but falls short as a phone.. The Q1100 offer slightly better performance than the G but though well designed is a bit flimsy in the rear panel. What actually worried me is the rather poor reviews of after sales support from Xolo as per a lot of views on the web. Also their quality appears to be hit and miss. You're good if you get a good piece or you could end up with a lemon.. I'm leaning towards the Moto G, any info about after sales support? I'm looking for that just in case of trouble. Any suggestions or info guys?