xfx nvidia gt240 1 gb ddr3 graphics problem

OP
sanads

sanads

Tech Lover
Ram is right man when I remove graphics card everything i s ok

please help me yaar......................................................

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if GPU isn't overheating, maybe some of the memory chips used in the graphics card has gone bad. better send the card to Rashi. let them check & fix it for you.

OP
sanads

sanads

Tech Lover
finally rashi said that card have problem.
but they have not gt 240 1 gb ddr3 , so this card is not available.
so they offer me whether to new model (1gb ddr3 which mkt price 2500) or returned 40% money of the old bill . what should I do???????

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ask for an XFX HD5670. market price should be same for both. if needed, pay a few hundred & get this.

for how much you got your card?

the 1Gb DDR3 model is most likely something like GT520 or so. AVOID.

OP
sanads

sanads

Tech Lover
I got this card @ 4800+tax
they want to return only 60% of this amount

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ If you need to pay some extra money, pay it. But get 5670 as sam have already suggested.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
5670 will perform near to double or 70-80% more perfrmance than 240

if u have the original invoice then contact rashi ho & ask them to pay at least 70% btw what is the current price of 240 40% is too low only 1.6K approx u won't get a 8400 in that if required open a service ticket at xfx and let them know

OP
sanads

sanads

Tech Lover
they offer 60% of 4800= 2880 or they offer gt 210 1 gb ddr3
so I think I should take the money.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hmmm, 2880 in return? take it. GT210 is one of the ultimate crappiest card produced. even 1st gen Intel HD graphics matches it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think you should issue a omplain to XFX. There is no way that they can pay only 60% of the price, these guys are cheating you. The return policy is either the same or equivalent card or Credit note based on the current market price.
Also post all the details in the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/133443-rashi-rma-experience-thread.html thread. I think some members can help you.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
1GB DDR3 model of GT 240 is roughly the same as HD 4670/3850, so it's still better than GT 520. 1GB DDR5 model is roughly the same as GeForce 9600 GT or in some cases the 8800 GT.

Try asking for a GeForce GTS 250 if it is available, they probably have old stock. Or else go for XFX Radeon HD 5670.

Top Bottom