XFX Launches 4850 XXX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Guys, when i just roaming around the net to find review abt GTS 250 i found this one. They said that XFX launches XFX HD4850 XXX Edition, which is priced same as GTS 250. Is that true? XFX finally starts distributing ATi cards too..

Here is the link

*www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=725

Where the GTS250 beats the HD4850 XXX Edition in almost all tests, and esp in Mirrors Edge,its very interesting to see this.

utsav

damn busy...
Yup its true. XFX is no longer nvidia's exclusive partner. That means they can now sell ati cards too

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Finally! :)
Check this out - *www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/graphiccards/HD 4000series/4870.aspx

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^what does xxx mean :)
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
That XFX HD4870 looks damn good.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
its an old news bout 3~4 months.
they were nvidia's official exclusive partner only till 2008 end. and XFX is distributed by rashi, so finally ati cards too ll become as widely available as nvidia.

@desiibond
XXX is just a factory oced card...not extremely oced[like FATAL1TY], and only some 500~800 bucks expensive than stock.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I heard it before(say before few months) but not knew that they launched it. But anyhow i hate the Red Box.. I like the green box of XFX which looks attractive than any other brands IMO.
And the pricing looks bit high. Wasn't it?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^ Don't fall for XFX's li'l OCed card.

Here's a review:-
Core OC - 760MHz
Memory OC - 2384MHz
*www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=17578&page=10

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
me too heard this news some months back, but was not sure will this happen. When XFX will start selling ATI cards in India the availability of ATI cards will increase as they r distributed by RP which is all over India. So I guess the price of ATI cards will become less, almost same price as in USD.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But anyhow i hate the Red Box.. I like the green box of XFX which looks attractive than any other brands IMO.

*img.hexus.net/v2/graphics_cards/ati/xfx/4850BoxF.jpg

even XFX's ati cards are red:x

and the box is no more X shaped with their usual 'dog'.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The PCB of the HD 4850 XXX edition is black (at least in some reviews), a touch different from the usual red, hehe :)

The XXX stands for eXtreme Performance, eXtreme Cooling and eXtreme Overclocking, and surely the XXX cards offer all that with nonstandard cooling systems and decent OCing.......;)

I for one would really love to see the XFX ATI cards come into the nation.....XFX's availability will surely bring down the prices of ATI cards in India.....Though price wise Palit is doing some good things too :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
but some XXX nvidia cards has more or less reference cooler. 9800GT XXX has reference cooler and only slight high clocks.
But 4850 XXX looks promising. XXX cards always uses better components than stock clocked ones. We can see some serious ocing with this XXX one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom