XFX Geforce FX5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
It's a case of having to, not wanting to. Thousands, probably millions, of people play modern games at 640x480 and enjoy it tremendously.

well said!!

Not every body want 6600GT

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
The best budget card in India at present is a FX5700LE 128MB .. it ran doom3 at 800x600,High Quality,all setings on ....

Oh btw .. the FX5200 sucks .....

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
deathvirus_me said:
The best budget card in India at present is a FX5700LE 128MB .. it ran doom3 at 800x600,High Quality,all setings on ....

Oh btw .. the FX5200 sucks .....
Sighhh.... How many times do we have to repeat : No one says that an FX5200 is a great gaming card. We're just saying that it's fine for those who cannot afford a better one.

Comparing an FX5200 to a 5700LE, a Radeon 9600 or a 6600GT is like comparing a Maruti 800 to a Palio, a Ferrari or a Mercedez while completely ignoring the huge difference in price.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
actually rt now, the 6200 128 mb card is the best vfm... plays all games at gr8 settings for around 5k...both pcix and agp

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
the 6200 that costs around 5k is the TC only available for pci16x .... another bs card ....not me the benchmarks say ....

@pimpom ..... sorry for being harsh but i think its not wise to waste money on a thing that was outdated before release ...well atleast a FX5700LE can RUN games ...

btw ... everyone forgets that a maruti 800 is one of the best cars ever made .... low mainatainance ....and dont compare cars to cards ... a "d" can make a lot of difference ....

premrajeev

Journeyman
WHEN PEOPLE WITH LOT OF MONEY AROUND, THESE THINGS HAPPENS. There are millions of gamers in India who are crying for an FX5200 card.U conduct a poll..and see how many of our users have these high end cards...dont forget people in the middle class..

AND..I OWN AN FX 5200 256MB CARD(XFX) PURCHASED AT ABOUT 5400RS.I HAVE PLAYED AND COMPLETED FAR CRY, PUNISHER,NFSUG1 & 2, HL2, DOOM 3 AND ALL THE TITLES AVAILABLE TO ME IN MUMBAI...I WAS AMAZED TOO THE GRAPHIC DETAIL THIS CARD CAN OFFER IN NFSUG2, BUT USED TO WONDER WHAT THE HIGH END CARDS WOULD BE SHOWING THEN !!. I WILL NEVER SAY THAT THIS CARD SUCKS..EVEN IF I WILL BUY A NEWER CARD ( I AM A GAME FREAK AND WILL RACE TO ANYONE -- I DARE !!) BUT WITH FUNDS OR BUDJET LIMITED TO NOT MORE THAN 6K, THIS IS A GOOD CARD. FOR PEOPLE WITH LOTS OF MONEY, THINGS ARE DIFFERENT.

Consider people using maruthi 800 and merc-sclass..both serves the same purpose..in a different way though..It's just money that makes the difference..and who dont want to drive a merc..

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
premrajeev said:
Consider people using maruthi 800 and merc-sclass..both serves the same purpose..in a different way though..It's just money that makes the difference..and who dont want to drive a merc..

WELL SAID MAN 8) . A FEW PEOPLE OUT THERE GROW MONEYPLANTS AND FREAK OUT ON LATEST HARDWARE. :shock: BUT SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE REALITY. NOT EVERYBODY NEEDS AN 6800/6600 TO COMPLETE GAMES. WE CAN TAKE EVERY SINGLE DROP OF PERFORMANCE FROM A 5200 OR 6200. GOD SPEED :D .

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
My friend has got P4 2.8 Ghz Pro. , 1GB of RAM but has an old ASUS 5200 FX 128 MB, and still he plays Doom 3 at 800 * 600 Res. with everything turned off.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
deathvirus_me said:
i think its not wise to waste money on a thing that was outdated before release ...well atleast a FX5700LE can RUN games ...

btw ... everyone forgets that a maruti 800 is one of the best cars ever made .... low mainatainance ....
Waste ?? That depends on your definition of "waste". A dollar multi-millionaire will probably call buying a Maruti 800 a 'waste'. But if you cannot afford a 5-lakh car and a Maruti 800 costing 2 lakhs serves your purpose, should someone else keep insulting it and call it a waste ?

My 21-year old book of cars (1984 edition) listed the original Maruti 800 as a Suzuki Alto (not today's Alto) and described it as "a very basic baby car, lacking the refinements of a real mini-car". I still keep one of the first Maruti-Suzuki cars (made in Japan stamped everywhere) and it's much better than today's Maruti 800s.

The Maruti 800 produced today is much shoddier but you say that it's one of the best cars ever made - a car that was considered beneath a mini-car 21 years ago, even in its original Japanese-made form. It all depends on how you look at it, isn't it ?

and dont compare cars to cards ... a "d" can make a lot of difference ....
An LE, SE, GT, XT, Ti, VE, MX, Pro or Ultra can make a lot of difference in a graphics card. So why shouldn't we compare them ?

lavan_joy

Journeyman
hmm.
I read all the posts above.

I am using XFX FX 5200 card.Thats enough for a budget buyer like me and it gives better performance.

sagsall4u

Journeyman
what

lavan_joy said:
hmm.
I read all the posts above.

I am using XFX FX 5200 card.Thats enough for a budget buyer like me and it gives better performance.
what do you ue the car for is it any good to play games like GTA counterstrike hl2 (no doom) etc
reply fast coz i'm plannig to buy one

premrajeev

Journeyman
yes u can use FX5200 for all the above games + doom 3 at low resolutions. (640x480 / 800x600). It's an OK card for any budjet buyer.and it's available for around 2.5K

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@lavan_joy
Ya, .... FX5200 is a very good card for budget buyer & Casual Gamer, & certainly its not for a Fulltime Gamer.

@sagsall4u
I have finished the NFS-Underground on it, at 800x600 with full effects n textures.

You can play almost all the games on medium settings.:wink:

premrajeev

Journeyman
the game quality also depends on the mobo- ram - processor u use.

if u use more ram nd a faster processor, u will be able to get better results using fx 5200 ( and all other cards, needless to say).

premrajeev

Journeyman
for that matter,

I have played nfsug 1 on my earlier pII 450 Mhz m/c, with 128mb/ and with Geforec 2 MX card w/64 mb ram...

I havecompleted the game somehow.....

still, sometimes using that m/c to play older games..But not an exciting feeling after playing the same on my athlon box with fx 5200 ..

goobimama

 Macboy
In my opinion, it depends on what games you want to play. If you don't mind pretending that Hitman is the latest game, then go ahead with the FX5200, but deep down in your heart want to play Doom3 and Half-Life2, then don't buy this card cause its not worth wasting the time of the guys who created Doom3 and the likes of it. Doom3 is a beautiful game meant to be played at least at 1024*768 rez with all effects turned on. If you try to play it on a 5200, the effect is lost.

But, like me, If you don't mind playing an older game (older game doesn't mean bad game, there are so many lovely games released just a year or two back), then the 5200 is your best bet.

Also, the money.

premrajeev

Journeyman
AGAIN,

I HAVE COMPLETED BOTH DOOM 3 AND HL2 WITH FX 5200.

AND I USED TOPLAY ALL THE GAMES WHICH ARE AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom