XFX 6600GT AGP Heating Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

regenade

Broken In
Hi Everyone,

I have an XFX 6600GT 128MB DDR3 card(PVT43AND F7). I am faced with some heating problem. My idle temeprature is around 65-68 degrees, in games it goes upto 95 degrees max(average is 85-87 degrees). I saw that many in this forum has this card , so hope some at least will help me out. Well i have also taken out my HSF combination & reapplied paste to the core , but temps decrease only 2-3 degrees after that.What are the temperatures of others who have this card with the stock cooler. SO guys pliz help me out, i am being freaked out by the temps in my card.

Other users of this card also tell their temperaturesso that i can compare

Moreover , can anyone tell me where i will get the ZALMAN 6600Gt Cooler in INDIA.Pliz give me names of distributors/shops preferably in Delhi.(in other places will also do)

Mediatech used to distribute that, but they dont do it now ,they told me when i enquired thier Mumbai Head office.

thanx in advance

Supratim

Those temps are definitely on the high side. Mine runs at 48C Idle (37C ambient temps) and 82C sustained full load (1.5 hrs of Doom3, temps logged by RivaTuner) and with the stock HSF.

-k

krishnathelord

In the zone
mine is 6600 and normal temp hovers around 45 and with doom 1 hr play it is around 60-65 C

try removing the shield for pci card just beneat the agp card

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
What you can do is remove the hsf on the card and apply a good quantity of Artic silver 5. Also ensure that your case has good air flow. If all else fails get NV silencer 6 or the zalman cooler :)

OP
R

regenade

Broken In
Where Can i get Arctic Silver or Zalman , pliz tell me.
I asked that question but noone replied
Pliz give me contact nos.

Regenade

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
good airflow can reduce the temps .. my card idles at 55c-60c ... with an open cabinet ... uder max load 75c-80c ...

OP
R

regenade

Broken In
Hi pradeep,

Which Arctic Silver 3 or 5 is available?
can u give me the address of the shop where its available
& what about zalman coolers
Thanx in advance

Regenade

krishnathelord

In the zone
deathvirus_me said:
good airflow can reduce the temps .. my card idles at 55c-60c ... with an open cabinet ... uder max load 75c-80c ...

very true my hdd temp normally is 40 but when i opent hte cabinet the temp goes upto 43

krishnathelord said:
very true my hdd temp normally is 40 but when i opent hte cabinet the temp goes upto 43

Are your implying that open cabinet temps are higher than closed cabinet temps ? Care to explain ?

-Keith

premrajeev

Journeyman
@Krishna ::

I have learned that open cabinets are good for those who needs a little extra cooling, But ur definition is contradictory !!

This must be a typical typo:::)

HellGuardian

Broken In

my card's idle temp is 59 degrees, but earlier(around march) it used to be 49. while working it goes to about 70. the max that it had gone was while playing thief at highest settings: 75 degrees. this did not happen even while playing haflife2 at max.
an open cabinet is definitely cooler than a closed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom