Xenforo Feedback Thread

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hi all,

We're moving to xenforo soon, and the forum will be closed for posting later today for as long as 24 hours in order to complete the process.

We will be moving from *forum.digit.in to *geek.digit.in/community

Since many of us will find xenforo new (including me), I could use your help identifying some good themes/styles for xenforo (free or reasonably-priced).

Same thing for desired addons for xenforo.

This will help TDF and also give you something to do while the forum is down :)

Thanks

Raaabo

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Interesting move .. Will keep an eye and let you know about any issues. :)

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
There's only one theme right now, you guys have to vote to find new themes :)

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Apparently only the older vbulletin likes are imported, as the newer plugin (dragonbyte post thanks/likes) is not supported for import. I guess we just have to forget about that :-(

But why Xenforo ? I mean Xenforo is good for also having a custom CMS, but otherwise it just feels..odd(IPB feels a little more familiar...theme customization in Xenforo is powerful though). As for theme, something plain would be nice, so you can customize it; something like this.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Performance was the primary reason for the move to xenforo. Also better SEO (so people say).

Mainly the move was because VB was clunky and old and heavy.

I like your theme suggestion. Let's see how many others also do :)

Performance was the primary reason for the move to xenforo. Also better SEO (so people say).

Mainly the move was because VB was clunky and old and heavy.
Meaning you don't need something like VBSEO (that is what I used back in 2013) ? Also, please please don't add any chat, it just doesn't serve any purpose (mostly the box is dead anyway).
Also, you can add something like this.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
No, we don't need vbseo, and no, chat isn't coming back. Post those other suggestions here. We need to get feedback from all members :)

My other suggestions:- Mods:
[DBTech] DragonByte Optimise
[J] Ban Reason In User Messages/Signature

General:
A link between main "geek" portal and the forum, where long form articles from regular contributors are displayed there and the discussion concerning those articles is seamlessly transferred to forum, instead of static comments on wordpress. Also, maybe a reverse link where good opening posts from the forum are transferred to the main portal if the thread opener agrees(a bit of a work on moderators side).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there a particular reason https is not enabled for new forum login or is it just like old forum where we never got the https on any forum page(incl login).

Top Bottom