Xbox Controller for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i went to buy the Xbox controller for computer gaming and have some queries...

i went to E-Zone and found one with a green cover which was priced 2150... in very small and at the back it said compatible with windows XP

i went to a Xbox authorized shop(Bonanza, City Center, Kolkata) and found one which was priced 2600 but they said i can get in 2500. But the color of the pack was red this time with a Windows sign on the front top.
The shopkeeper said what i saw in the other store was a old stock.

Now can someone tell me if they use this for their PC. has anyone else bought it already. Also i will like to know how does this connect to the PC. Is it a USB or a Serial Port.
And lastly, is the controller for pc and xbox same or different.

I connect it through usb port. No need drivers for windows vista becoz it already recognizes the controller and installs the driver on its own. Controller for both pc & x360 looks the same comes in two different colors white and other one black. For the packet info google it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The first one which you have seen is the Xbox 360 controller & the second one which you saw was the 'Official Xbox 360 controller for Windows'. No difference between both of them except the latter has a driver CD bundled along with the package. Get the Xbox 360 controller only. As it's cheaper in price & also you can download the drivers off the internet. The connection would be via standard USB port in case of a wired controller.

dare devil

Broken In
I want the same for my PC.In nextworld.in the Xbox 360 controller for windows is listed for 1.7k.
Is this site is reliable?
Is the product original?(because the price mentioned by ajay is 2.5k,but it is available for 1.7k in this site)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The price Ajay mentioned is the official price wit warranty. Check with the next world people if it's with or without warranty. I got it for 1.6k without warranty.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
^^I got some computer games from them and AFAIK they are pretty reliable. They are popular in the TE forums.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i read some reviews yesterday and found out that Logitech Rumblepad os better rated than the Xbox Controller... The vibrator of Xbox dosen't work in all the games where as the logietch has a very good profiler and can be customised to a great extent.

Which one to buy

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The vibration feature is a very dodgy one. Never do all game guarantee their vibration feature working flawlessly with every controller out there. Xbox 360 controller is no exception for this. NFS: Undercover doesn't support vibration for the 360 controller. James Bond: Quantum of Solace doesn't work with the Xbox 360 controller as far as I've heard & that too being a GFW game. People have found out ways to fix this by downloading Xpadded & Pinnacle Game profiler which allows the controller to be customised with any game. So if you have the time & patience to do that then feel free to do so. AFAIK my friend has the Logitech controller (not the rumblepad) & the compatibility is pretty low with most games.

The Xbox 360 controller would be a safer bet as most of the games now provide native support to it. One more issue with purchasing a different brand controller is that the game tutorials don't reflect proper key assignments to the controller. For Eg: The tutorial might show 'Button 1' to perform 'Jump' & when you press 'Button 1' on your controller it doesn't perform that action. You realise that 'Button 1' is actually 'Button 4' on your controller. So it's self discovery stuff. Whereas the XBox 360 controller shows proper prompt in most GFW games. So you won't have to look for what button does what.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
well i read the review yesterday where the tester played NFS underground 2 with rumblepad and was experiencing the vibration with that...

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
If the PC version of the game has vibration feature built into it, then the Xbox 360 controller will be able to utilise it well.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
have u used it,,,

do u know how much does it cost... i got a lot of prices... 2500... 2100.... 1900.... 1400..... 1600

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dude trust me when I say this, It does vibrate. I'm playing Grand Theft Auto 4 as we speak & it just vibrated insanely when there was a huge thunder.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Marked your words^^^^^...

i just placed an order for a wired Xbox Controller from www.ratetag.in and got a discount of 750... price paid 1400+49 shipping...

waiting for it to come to daddy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom