Wubi Help , Cant we use our live CD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Guyz i have downloaded Wubi , but when i try to install ubuntu , it downloades ubuntu .

if i replace the image the checksome see it wrong !

Ubuntu should have thought of 256 kbps Broad(?)Band

praka123

left this forum longback
if u can,try installing from ubuntu feisty live cd.and below is the support thread:
*ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=234

gauravsuneja

macaddict
i have downlaoded wubi installer for ubuntu7.10 even and palce the ubuntu iso made from magic iso and renamed it to ubuntu-7.10-dektop-i386.iso stillit doesn't recongize the is amd wants to downalod dektop.iso from net what 2 do?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
AFAIK, the wubi is itself present in live CD of Ubuntu 7.10 gutsy
the file name is "wubi-cdboot.exe"
i did try it though as i don't have a windows system now.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
MetalheadGautham said:
or just install ubuntu in a virtual machine.
but then you should have atleast 1 GB ram on XP, and 2gb maybe 3gb on vista

also then too both oses will lag,*farm3.static.flickr.com/2104/2123379826_e65106a626_o.png

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^No, No Wubi is Better , it does'nt mess the filesystem/MBR , doesnt confuse lin n00bs . and very good for those who are switching from linux

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Simple I don't know whats the use of Wubi .. We got Live Cd then what's the use of Wubi.. Rather install via Live Cd :D

max_demon said:
^^No, No Wubi is Better , it does'nt mess the filesystem/MBR , doesnt confuse lin n00bs . and very good for those who are switching from linux
says who? Wubi also installs GRUB, and "messes" the MBR in your words. It too creates a linux partition and a swap partition. Besides, its hell easy to install ubuntu. You need just five lines of instructions for it noted down on a piece of paper.

Wubi is just a way for people sans optical drive to install ubuntu.

It is ofcource, faster due to copying files from HDD, but still, Live CD is hell lot simpler.

@dark star:wubi is an installer for ubuntu that installs it via an ISO through windows. Just google for it.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
max_demon said:
i don't suggest wubi because of the fact its still in BETA stage, so if it messes with your data then don't complain:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom