WTH: IRCTC Reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
well, i m so angry i am not in the mood to describe the whole story :x anyway, you can understand what happened what happened from the following email i send to irctc:

Hi.

This morning (01/05/2009), I booked an online Tatkal ticket for GHY-SBC express (2509) at about 8:30 AM (I am going from Bangalore to Guwahati on 06/05/2009). Then the ticket availability for Sleeper Class was 37. However, after I booked my ticket (420-6943484) I got a Wait List 37! On re-checking availability, it still showed available as 31!! I thought there may be some errors as the IRCTC site was not working properly due to heavy load. However, it is almost 6 PM and my status has not changed yet. One more odd thing is, I checked the availability status at about 4 PM and then it showed Tatkal Wait List as 18, then how come my Wait List is still 37!! In fact, I should not be in the wait list at all, I should have got a confirmed ticket right in the morning! Also, my boarding point is SBC station so that rules out boarding point issues.

I need sorted this out very urgently as I was ready to go in Sleeper as there was Wait List on AC coaches. Please reply ASAP or if possible give me a call on +91-9986~number snipped~.

Regards,
Abhijeet Deb.

i am waiting for a reply. don't know when i will receive one! :x

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
In my point of view, offline reservation is the best!! My Uncle and me did offline reservation while coming back from Guwahati on 25th April and though we didn't get a seat on 26th, on 27th the seat was confirmed!! Offline reservation is best at the present condition!!

mayanksahni

Broken In
Try calling the customer care from mtnl landline. They have quite responsive staff dere.
Hoping u'll be helped by them......

mayanksahni

Broken In
Try calling the customer care from mtnl landline. They have quite responsive staff dere.
Hoping u'll be helped by them......

din

Tribal Boy
It shows your status as WL 53 at the time of booking and WL 19 now.

Status changes only when the chart is prepared.

But did the IRCTC guys sent any reply ? Sure the availability was for Sleeper ? Usually the sleeper classes will be filled first isn't it ? (You mentioned A/C was not available but sleeper), Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
OP
abhi.eternal

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
^^yes, i wanted to go by AC considering the climate, but there was WL 12 in 3AC, WL 4 in 2AC and 37 available on Sleeper (without Tatkal, sleeper WL was 58 ). i guess this is because of the summer season. i already tried calling CC but the told me to contact their Chennai office. i called the Chennai office when a rep told me to email, my first email being the result. i am still waiting for a reply, i got the delivery report though.

now, i am confused as to what to do. i checked as din said, my current WL is 19. shall i count on this ticket or shall i just check what happens till tomorrow morning and book it offline? i know i will miss out on a whole day... ( i would have booked it offline in the first place but i have moved house and the reservation centre is very far now.... anyone knows where can i do office reservation in Koramangala? else, i will need to got to Indiranagar to book it very early tomorrow!!)

INS-ANI

In the zone
hey do you have any proff of the availibility the IRCTC showed? if yes, you can file an RTI. i know its not a immediate solution, however with railway its very tiresome job to get an immediate solution.
The only thing i can suggest (and it worked for my dad) is get the contact no of regional operation manager, or some inside contact will do the job..

OP
abhi.eternal

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
no proof, i checked my e-ticket. it does not have the time mentioned. unfortunately, i don't have any inside contact and getting hold of a operation manager seems too complex. anyway, i have decided to book another ticket. if i see that my current ticket is confirmed, i'll go with it after canceling the second one or vice versa. ..i.. to this experience!!

din

Tribal Boy
Yes, the best solution now is to book another ticket. I mean they may not sort it out fast.

Hmm, just checked IRCTC, this may sound stupid, but anyway to make your journey on 7th ? It shows tickets available under Tatkal for Sleeper, 3rd AC and 2nd AC on that day !

Meantime, confused again. The Srailways site shows - chart prepared. How they prepare chart on 1st May for the train which goes on 6th ? Usually they do it 24 hrs before departure isn't it ?

OP
abhi.eternal

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
well, i have booked a confirmed Tatkal ticket for 7th now (a saturday will be wasted on train :-(:-x). AC had a wait list so had to book Sleeper... damn, i am gonna get boiled!... (and drenched after that when i reach Shillong!!.. but i don't mind that :)).. will cancel the e-ticket now. i will think multiple times before doing online Tatkal reservation from now on.. wasted 20 bucks (cancellation charges) + transport charges to go to the railway ticket booking center :x i don't like to give my money away for free :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom