Writing DVD RWs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
My drive is taking a quite long time in writing DVD RWs.I burn DVD RWs with Nero Express.so when burned it shows the estimated time as 14 minutes.but after completing the estimated time it again shows a new time which is whoping 39 min.altotal around 1 hour.Is it normal or something is wrong with my drive.?

Data used for the burning process was 4.1 GB.the writng speed was 4X.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
plz and plz help me..out..

I checked once a agin..with a another media (it is a DVD R)....and it also took 32 min to burn...

one thing I noticed it that..when burning through Nero Burning ROM...there are two buffer levels..one above the completion bar and the second one below the completion bar...The lower one ..was constantly changing from as low as 11 to 98..which I never ..noticed earlier while burning....so what is the cause....???

Also I want to change the IDE cable what I should ask from the dealer ..just an IDE cable. ..????

Now I am facing another prob...the DVDRW tray ..gets blocked inside when any media is there..otherwise working fine....So if I get it serviced how much I would be charged any idea..plz tell me.......

PLZ PLZ PLZ answer....

Someone ..plz reply..

Last edited:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
What is your drive make ?
Did you try burning using any other software other than the current one you are using ?

The buffer level in the upper area should never come below 98
The buffer level in the lower area could come below even 50 %

Which brand of DVD did you use ?

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
techtronic said:
What is your drive make ?
Did you try burning using any other software other than the current one you are using ?

The buffer level in the upper area should never come below 98
The buffer level in the lower area could come below even 50 %

Which brand of DVD did you use ?

I am using Nero..and haven't tried any other software..recommend any other s/w..

The buffer level in the upper area is almost 100% but the problem is with the lower one ,it is dropping to as low as 11%...but earlier it was not so....what may be the problem...My free space in Drive D: where nero is installed is ..around 1.5 GB..is it causing the low buffer level...

I use ..lasertras and writex...

ankushkool said:
tell de details of ir system (ram, speed etc) n ur DVD drive brand.
for now try using another software.

My config is P4 2.6 GHz 384 MB RAM @266 Mhz and the DVD drive is Sony DVD RW DW Q30A

Last edited:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
shyamno said:
I am using Nero..and haven't tried any other software..recommend any other s/w..

The buffer level in the upper area is almost 100% but the problem is with the lower one ,it is dropping to as low as 11%...but earlier it was not so....what may be the problem...My free space in Drive D: where nero is installed is ..around 1.5 GB..is it causing the low buffer level...

I use ..lasertras and writex...

My config is P4 2.6 GHz 384 MB RAM @266 Mhz and the DVD drive is Sony DVD RW DW Q30A

Whenever you write a DVD, you should have the capacity of a DVD as free space in C:/ or wherever your programs are installed
Try that and revert back

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
hello...guys..I have tried again by freeing space ...but again it is taking same time..but I have noticed ..that when the lower buffer level decreases then the estimated time increases..

And this is happening only when burning DVDs and DVD RWs,....but not with CD R and CD RW...here the lower buffer remains constant at around 99%..

So what is ..causing the problem..is there any need to format the system...I have checked the cable it is also..fine..So ..Plz reply soon..

guys plz...
need help..

Last edited:

VexByte

Norms Buster
Seems to be like that there lies a problem with the internal buffer memory of your DVD writer.

Just try another writer on your PC.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks ..to all the guys for giving their precious time.. ...in helping out me..

but the problem..was with the DMA mode ..which got changed to PIO mode..now its working fine....

So..Moderator..can lock the thread..

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
haha, my dvd drive is almost as bad as urs....but it doesn't take an hour.

try changing media, it worked for me.
and also, try closing background apps, etc. to free up more RAM...it shud work.

remember, while burning cds and dvds, u shud stand 4 feet away from your comp :pP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom