Worst electronic company and why

Status
Not open for further replies.

santu_29

Journeyman
yes region does matter... the best quality brand in England is Akai... and it couldnt do much business in india...

anispace

dattebayo
s18000rpm said:
According to me The Worst is SONY for Overpricing , followed by LG (for bad after sales service support)

@anispace, SONY products may be of high quality but they ain't got no FEATUREs in them. take Sony Wega 29" TV, my uncle owns it, its got very less feature (menu features), i.e you cant configure/personalize it as u can do with a Samsung/Onida. The TV is Damn slowwwww. For shelling around 60-65K for that idiot box, you can buy a Samsung or Onida or Philipps TV & a DVD music system.
He also bought a Sony music system (mp3/cd/vcd player, 2000...something Watts PMPO). The CD tray takes SOOOOOOO LONG to eject,, MAN its insane.
the only thing good about that music system is that it has a good quality sound output.
AIWA is also not that good. My Cousin bro has one (2400watts PMPO, 5 CD, 2 Casst.) bought around 3 years back, now he can use it only for listening to RADIO & connect it with DVD player.(the system started to give probs. just after 1 year).

The best music systems are from PIONEER. trust me. My dad bought a Pioneer Music System in 1995, from Singapore, with this specs. 1500Watts, 6 CD Changer, 2 logic casst. player., AM/FM, Remote for 20K.
Its still working like if its brand new.
We havent even given it for one SINGLE SERVICE yet. ( i've cleaned its interior four times).

what features r u talkin bout? Even i own a Sony Wega 29" ,purchased just a few months ago. It has features such as teletext etc. which r actually of no use in india due to crappy cable services. So i dont think features r a prob.
Just becoz its expensive or if some1 cant afford it doesnt mean that its bad.

ps: Even i have a Sony 2in1 (antique) which my dad bought from US way back in 1989 when i was 3 yrs old and it still works awesome, although i dont use it anymore.

thats becoz manufacturing there is cheaper than in India. India might be a surging econmy but most of the FDI goes to china and other countries due to lesser number of hurdles involved.

Last edited:
F

fannedman

Many guys blame sony,but guys can u find a replacement for sony?can u find quality assurance frm any other company like sony?

According to me the worst company is the indian(branch)-samsung company.Everything they produced was right out of the junkyard.Remember the old rewritable cds of samsung ,they had a red cover,high density,made in india...... They sucked.They had a very short life.I dnt know what happened but now the RWs are made in taiwan and r pretty ok. Coming to other devices,it's the same thing,their writers suck,keyboards.....except the monitor.Only the products made in India made by samsung.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Isnt there something to learn...we say sometimes that sony over prices the products but they are stable and of good quality than others.aka samsung , lg ,aiwa etc.
So quality costs...and sony should be the best Electronic company...!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Which still leaves us with one thought ..which is the worst Electronic Company...
Personally i think..its Onida.( OK before i get flammed by onida owners i have my second TV as onida)keep me out.
Why--
1)They make a Tv which really dont have a great picture quality but they will put all the hell of sound in it so it goes boom bat ...hell who cares to watch if we can defean the neighbours.
2)There ads are phathetic. What did the maker of the ad thought ..make a slim devil who has nuts for horns and make him pout more than Actress and tourture people around.......
3)Owner of Onida after playing with slogan "neighbours envy ,owners Pride" has decided to sell it to the competitor Videocon Company.Its rather Owners Envy.
Really there nothing good about the company..

supernova

Mr. S Nova
sariq said:
LG optical drives - drives know when your warranty period is over.

LOL.. i truly agree with ya..

i admire
Whirlpool for fridge and AC..
SONY for budget music system (Value for Money.. i bought 2000W Sony system in 2000 and it still rocks)

i hate
SANSUI for TV
LG / Samsung for optical drives and cellphones (GSM)

Never ever thought of trying brands like AKAI, AIWA, VIDEOCON etc.

Though VIDEOCON manufactures picture tubes for ALL brands selling in India (except SONY)..

nats10

Broken In
Sony Music System CMT NE5 (8K)
They Have Bad Sound Quality.cant Hear The Voices Of Singers Loudly In A Song.my Friends Told Me Panasonic Music Systems Are The Best.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Every company has some good & bad features/services/products. It's just like the two faces of a coin. So, we can't blame a single company. If someone is blaming one, others can have good service from it & if someone has good service from one, others can blame it. ;)

I don't have any complaints for any company.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
dunno why, but i have a strong dislike for all korean manufacturers, be it LG, or Samsung .
As for Sony,hmm...considering they overprice, i agree. But their quality is much better compared to the rest in other electronic items like TVs and MusicSystems.
I got a bigger hatelist abt software vendors i hat ;)

jeetu

Broken In
The only Sony product worth buying is T.V. (now that is bit cheaper). I like Samsung Hard Disk but hate Cd/Dvd players.

rajas

In the zone
I disagree with you drvarunmehta. I till now believed that and will ever believe that SONY products are THE BEST.. I says this to all.. if Sony puts its logo(genuine only) on anything(yes anything)..I'm ready to buy..thatz well I trust it. I own a DRU 810A DVD RW and its great. My frnds own alot of sony prdcts are they rock. Pricing...ya u need to shell out money from its brand..thatz some what pain...but no pain..no gain.

I work for one of the worlds leading PC maker. we use alot of samsung monitors. I can bet they are very gud. rest all products from Samsung are a crap(HDD/optical drives/FDD..).

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
drvarunmehta said:
The topic says it all. Post which company you dislike the most and why. It could be a bad experience with their product or tech support or you simply don't like the name.;)
I'll go first.

I hate Sony

1. They overprice everything assuming people don't know that you can get the same product at a fraction of their price elsewhere eg. Vaio laptops.
2. They shove proprietory cr@p down our throats. It started with Betamax continued with the UMD for PSP's and is going on now with Blu-Ray.
3. They introduced Memory Stick when we already had good enough and cheaper flash memory in the form of SD and MMC cards. They are forcing people who buy Sony products to fork over even more money for MS because they don't support any other format.
4. They don't even want people to make a single backup of their audio CD's so they put a rootkit in them.
5. They take Liteon/BenQ burners, rebadge them, remove features (quality scanning) and then overprice it.

Then u should hate apple even more for the same reason , use our hardware use our os no assembling freedom, drm sh*it music for ipods, overpriced pc's laptops, keep what we give u and just shut up consumer, be happy that u own a apple product because the whole package is good even if u dont need certain features, and it comes with 'free' (hehe) software even if u dont need it.

Well i don't particularly hate any company , but i hate/love following companies for :

Samsung - Love Excellent Displays , hate each and every single optical drive(Worst possible optical drives ever). Never tried hdd's and other stuff.

LG - avg optical drives , hate the displays (contrast is not upto the mark, really bad performance no match to samsung, even lcd's of similar price to samsung have worse specs , lie high response times)

Sony - Very good optical drives with very good performance(have been using from years, personally no prbos faced ever), TV's are good. Love PS2/camcorders, like sony ericcson phones too . Hate nothing i can think of currently(if PS3 fails it will be here).

Apple - Love ipod , hate every thing else(no flames , my personal opinion).

Last edited:

sabret00the

Youngling
Even I used to think that Sony was the best and fell into the trap.Well,I had bought a MHC-GX2000 in 2000 and I had stupid problems ever since,the belts on the deck had to be changed every 6 months,then gears,buttons,etc kept failing,cd kept skipping after 3years or so,radio wud not catch stereo channels and wudnt tune......I have spent so much on maintaince till date that I wud've bought a new 5.1 speaker system.BUT I have to admit why Sony is the best that's CLARITYthat's just unparalleled.Trust me I have listened to many systems but none as real as a Sony.

XFX is crap as one of the FX cards I bought in 2003 for my Girlfriend screwed for no reason although she's not a gamer and didnt stress the card.Moreover then they had just 1 year warranty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom