Worst electronic company and why

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
The topic says it all. Post which company you dislike the most and why. It could be a bad experience with their product or tech support or you simply don't like the name.;)
I'll go first.

I hate Sony

1. They overprice everything assuming people don't know that you can get the same product at a fraction of their price elsewhere eg. Vaio laptops.
2. They shove proprietory cr@p down our throats. It started with Betamax continued with the UMD for PSP's and is going on now with Blu-Ray.
3. They introduced Memory Stick when we already had good enough and cheaper flash memory in the form of SD and MMC cards. They are forcing people who buy Sony products to fork over even more money for MS because they don't support any other format.
4. They don't even want people to make a single backup of their audio CD's so they put a rootkit in them.
5. They take Liteon/BenQ burners, rebadge them, remove features (quality scanning) and then overprice it.

reddragon

In the zone
well I know about "Liteon/BenQ burners, rebadge them, remove features (quality scanning) and then overprice it." but whatt is the case of vaio laptop???

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
reddragon said:
well I know about "Liteon/BenQ burners, rebadge them, remove features (quality scanning) and then overprice it." but whatt is the case of vaio laptop???
Vaio laptops cost over a lakh of rupees when you can get a similarly configured HP or Acer for 60-70k. Agreed the Vaio looks better but there has to a limit to how much one will pay for looks alone.

anispace

dattebayo
Overpriced or not Sony products are always of the highest quality. I own a Sony Camcorder, Digi cam, and a Sony Wega 29" TV and never faced any probs with them.

praka123

left this forum longback
SAMSUNG THE BAD Gadget making company.their products are always miserable:).eg;cd/dvd drives,dvd players etc

Sykora

I see right through you.
I agree with anispace. Sony products are of the highest quality, even if you have to empty your pocket for them.

krish

Journeyman
I agree with prakash... samsung is thw worst of them all. I got a Samsumg music system in 1997. The sound is really really good. but the thing is... it played smoothly for 1 year... after that, it never played properly. I mean after one year, it started gving prob. with the CD player and the cassate deck. i took it to the authorised service station and they seemd to have to no clue about what was wrong with the player. It used to be with them for 6 months and with me for the next 6 months. And now its being used as a good Radio. it is just used to listen FM..... :(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
According to me The Worst is SONY for Overpricing , followed by LG (for bad after sales service support)

@anispace, SONY products may be of high quality but they ain't got no FEATUREs in them. take Sony Wega 29" TV, my uncle owns it, its got very less feature (menu features), i.e you cant configure/personalize it as u can do with a Samsung/Onida. The TV is Damn slowwwww. For shelling around 60-65K for that idiot box, you can buy a Samsung or Onida or Philipps TV & a DVD music system.
He also bought a Sony music system (mp3/cd/vcd player, 2000...something Watts PMPO). The CD tray takes SOOOOOOO LONG to eject,, MAN its insane.
the only thing good about that music system is that it has a good quality sound output.
AIWA is also not that good. My Cousin bro has one (2400watts PMPO, 5 CD, 2 Casst.) bought around 3 years back, now he can use it only for listening to RADIO & connect it with DVD player.(the system started to give probs. just after 1 year).

The best music systems are from PIONEER. trust me. My dad bought a Pioneer Music System in 1995, from Singapore, with this specs. 1500Watts, 6 CD Changer, 2 logic casst. player., AM/FM, Remote for 20K.
Its still working like if its brand new.
We havent even given it for one SINGLE SERVICE yet. ( i've cleaned its interior four times).

Last edited:

magnet

Youngling
sony though overprice and all those umd stuff plus rootkit stuffs......gives ultimate stuff that is quality......

They have to do all thsi stuff...afterall its a loss making company......only ps3 hit or miss will decide future of the company........

in short if u want quality sony beats all........

also umd stuff is ruling becoz of which my 1 and half year old psp still beats a new psp..it has firmware 1.50

videocon worst company...samsung in optical stuffs+fridges.........in lcd displaythey rule(samsung)

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Thats Why SONY shut down there Indian Mfg. Company and MOVE to Malaysia or Thiland. So be ware before buying any SONY product now onwards.

magnet

Youngling
1. They overprice everything assuming people don't know that you can get the same product at a fraction of their price elsewhere eg. Vaio laptops.
2. They shove proprietory cr@p down our throats. It started with Betamax continued with the UMD for PSP's and is going on now with Blu-Ray.
3. They introduced Memory Stick when we already had good enough and cheaper flash memory in the form of SD and MMC cards. They are forcing people who buy Sony products to fork over even more money for MS because they don't support any other format.
4. They don't even want people to make a single backup of their audio CD's so they put a rootkit in them.
5. They take Liteon/BenQ burners, rebadge them, remove features (quality scanning) and then overprice it.

Ill like to clear most of your doubts.....

1::Vaio is not overpriced.......sony india are culprit......as sony has a name they charge heavily for vaio.......u get a good decent vaio on newegg cheap......if vaio is expensive than toshiba too suks......

2::Umd stuff......well sony profit only comes frm gaming market and they will do everything to get the best of it...........also u needed to b a geek......to have bought sony psp when version 1.50 was out.........i bought my sony psp......for ard 18.75k(no umd bought)....mem stick costed me 4.75k....1gb.....now thepricesof 1 gb stick is down to 2.4k...but still i m getting more than 20k for my peice..as i have that magic firmware plus soon ill b getting 26 games..assoon as my torrent games download complete...than i can easily charge 30k...and will go for my sony vaio fm us......also blue ray......uhh cmmon hd dvd too is costly......lappy supporing hd dvd sells for 2500$......and this is jus launching...even 6600 mobile on launch was abt 26k+...and sony blue ray launching in sep will b 44k............once it gets launch price will fall ard mid next year...than we will able to get dualside dvd for rs 15 heap that too good quality.....

3::here i agree with u.........but u can use the same mem stick for digi cam too.......btw....have u ever heard of company san disk...they giv same sony stuff for same r8 but twice the capacity...so u shd get that.......also mem stick last really long compared too mmc

4::Yup this was a really bad stuff frm sony...but now they have been retricted to do so...and i guess even sony were made to replace those sticks plus remove rootkits frm user comps....

5::your last point i didnt understand.......but sony themselve allows other company to makeproduct for sony........which are cheaper than sony......but have a name sony on it.....u can distinguish them easily they r cheaper than box writer...and they dont come in a box.........

i m not endorsing sony........but lot of misconceptions were therein your details.....

Last edited:

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
Samsung - every single product , except the monitors , sucks big time !!

Sony - I own a DRU 810A DVD RW , a J200i and my closest friend has a Vaio .

The experience can be described in a single word ; heavenly !! :)

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
SONY- My TV 4:rolleyes: yrs old(KVJ21MF1AK) survived a lightning surge that comes through the cable.apart from some small component failures,its rock stable again.SONY is a good company reg end user products,i dunno about their warranty and other things...

freakanomics

Broken In
Don't know why people hate SONY...I think Sony and Panasonic is the best in the market....After sales service is too good...
Maybe in their region Its kinda bad. Thats not due to the brand...its because of the fraud dealers..who adopt dirty measures to achieve their target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom