WorldSpace radio to be turned off from Dec 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Name

In the zone
On December 31, the WorldSpace satellite radio broadcast service will go off air for all customers serviced from India. This terse announcement on Christmas Day comes in an e-mail to subscribers from Mr Robert Schmitz, Chief Restructuring Officer, WorldSpace, Inc.
The mail goes on to say that, “This action is an outgrowth of the financial difficulties facing WorldSpace India's parent company, WorldSpace, Inc., which has been under bankruptcy protection since October 2008. The potential buyer of much of WorldSpace's global assets has decided not to buy the WorldSpace assets relating to and supporting WorldSpace's subscription business in India. As a consequence, WorldSpace, Inc. must discontinue its subscriber business in India.” :sad::sad:

LINK For World Space.

SOURCE

And no direct news about refund of fees already paid.
I'm sure its gonna attract LOADS of lawsuits against the company now.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

And no direct news about refund of fees already paid.
I'm sure its gonna attract LOADS of lawsuits against the company now.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
orbit rock & other channels were awesome.. for music lovers like me it was a gr8 way to discover new music

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Its a sad new,but i bet 80% people here never subscribed to it.I owned Worldspace sometime back and it was wonderful experience however it couldnt quite stick with me.
I never renewed the subscription say after 6 months of usage.
I know some people who were def in love but i presume most had moved on to something.
Still was a wonderful option.
Best luck WorldSpace in USA.You have just recently filed bankruptcy there.Get over it and keep moving.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Its a sad new,but i bet 80% people here never subscribed to it.I owned Worldspace sometime back and it was wonderful experience however it couldnt quite stick with me.
I never renewed the subscription say after 6 months of usage.
I know some people who were def in love but i presume most had moved on to something.
Still was a wonderful option.
Best luck WorldSpace in USA.You have just recently filed bankruptcy there.Get over it and keep moving.

Me too, I had the receiver (received it as a gift from someone) and the 1st 6 months subscription free. Renewed only once (Rs.1000) and never renewed again. No doubt channels were great and it was a great concept but it was always going to be difficult for subscription based radio, where people will get many FM channels for free.:|

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
My parents loved it. Ad infested FM radio sucks for their tastes. :sad:

Reliance, UTV or some media guy should do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom