World Gaming Day today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmharshaa

Answers everything
Sony Ericsson, Zapak.com and Microsoft's Xbox 360 teams have partnered to launch the celebrations for 'World Gaming Day' on February 12 and will be celebrated annually from now on.

Sony Ericsson, Zapak.com and Microsoft Xbox 360 have teamed up to celebrate 'World Gaming Day' on 12th February 2009 across the globe. All three will promote this first of its kind global initiative jointly across mediums from India.

Celebrations in India will take place in Mumbai on February 12 and prizes worth over Rs. 3 crores will be given out for different contests and activities.

Contests and activities include mall activities, championships at Zapak Gameplexes and an online contest. To participate, users need to log on to www.zapak.com.

Sony Ericsson will promote their gaming handset F305 for gaming experience on mobile platform.
Get ready for gaming on 12th February 2008 to celebrate World Gaming Day!

Source:*www.techtree.com/India/News/World_Gaming_Day_on_Feb_12/551-98691-585.html

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I read about this on the Skrybe's(SKOAR!'s editor's) blog. The way he put it, it seemed to be dumb though. Heres an excerpt:-
Evangelising gaming on World Gaming Day
source:*skoar.com/wordpress/?p=53
A term that sprung up through out the event was ‘evangelise gaming’, which is refreshing. I’m especially happy to hear that set of words, because I’ve found myself saying it repeatedly at many different instances. We’ve all heard these players repeatedly shower accolades on their own products. Now they’ve taken on a larger stance of uplifting the entire space. Sure, they pimped their own babies while they were at it, but gaming itself took on the larger focus. Even during QnA round they steered clear of talking about their own products as best as possible, but the questions that came in focussed more on individual products.

Which brings me to the reason the people came together- the launch of World Gaming Day. The three companies came together to announce February 12th as World Gaming Day. Here we have another day invented by a company, very much like how Hallmark is rumoured to have invented Valentine’s Day. This one however is going to be more fun. The companies have some contests lined up, and they are throwing Bollywood into the mix. I know gamers are into the contests, but I’m not so sure about their connect with Bollywood. I’m imagining the winner going head-to-head with Master Chief-King Khan. Sheesh!!

Some of it was pretty lame though. They got together five expatriates- one from England, one from Germany, another from the States, someone from Malaysia and another from Nigeria - and called them world gamers. When these guys were asked ‘What do you play?’, one said - ‘I don’t recall’ and another one said ‘I live with someone who makes video games’. ROFL!! It was a riot. Journalists may not be too bright, but please don’t understimate the gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom