Working Easily with IE 6 - Part 1: Bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Everybody nowdays know how easy it is to work with Firefox browser. Well very few know that it is equally easy and secure to use IE 6 also. Don’t forget that it was IE that revolutionised the way world sees Internet. So I have started a series named Working Easily with IE 6.

First part will be about Bookmarks. Everybody knows that using Bookmarks is very easy in Firefox and also it imports Bookmarks from IE 6 easily. Very few know that it is equally easy to use Bookmarks in IE and it can import Bookmarks from Firefox too! Surprised! Well you should be. IE 6 Stores Bookmarks as .url files pointing towards to link individually in a Folder named Favorites at

C:\Windows\Favorites
(Windows 98/Me)

C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Favorites
(Windows 2000\XP\NT\2003)

Firefox stores Bookmarks as a file named bookmarks.html at

C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default
(Windows 98/Me)

C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default
(Windows 2000/XP/NT/2003)

where xxxxxxxx is a random string chosen by Firefox.

To import Firefox Bookmarks in IE 6 go to File>>Import and Export in IE 6. Press Next and select Import Favorites. Now select Import from a File or Address and now use Browse to directory specified for bookmarks.html of Firefox and select the file and click Save. Press Next to select the folder and select Next and then Finish. The Bookmarks will be imported.

Next Part coming will be Cookies.

For your Info. I use Firefox mostly except IE for Microsoft Windows Update.

And Please don't start a browser war here.

D

deadman

who uses IE6 after IE7 is releasing
btw,who ses IE anyway

OP
N

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Firstly IE7 has not been released and IE6 SP1 still works on 80% desktops worldwide. So IE6 still has scope. Well We are not here to discuss better browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom