WordPress 2.1.3 and 2.0.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
So we have another security update for WP within a month of last update...

We have a security update release now available for both the 2.1 and 2.0 branches of WordPress now available for immediate download. This update is highly recommend for all users of both branches.

These releases include fixes for several publicly known minor XSS issues, one major XML-RPC issue, and a proactive full sweep of the WordPress codebase to protect against future problems. Many thanks to Sumit Siddharth and Alex Concha for their help with reporting issues in this release.

As an update to the systems issue we had last month, we have taken dozens of additional precautions with the servers and systems that run WordPress.org and they appear to be working well, despite hundreds of hack attempts after we publicly disclosed there had been a problem. We are also now aggressively monitoring all downloads for any changes or modifications, and we are confident the same type of problem won’t happen again.

Source

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
But Is it difficult to upgrade? I upgraded to WP 2.1.3 within 4 hours of being released...ok..If I was online at tile of release..I could have upgraded within 4 minutes of release too. :D

Just overwrite your old WP install. :)

OP
Ankur Gupta

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Yeah...thats the point where wordpress really impresses me that we can upgrade without losing out any of our old posts or stuff and upgrade is pretty quick.....

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Fact is my FTP server is little bit slow... Can I directly download the Wordpress Zip file from wordpress.org to my webhost... I have heard about FXP transfers.. How to do it..??

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Most FTP softwares support FXP transfers. Since you didn't specified the ftp software you use...I will take general as interface is generally similar in ftp softwares.

Normally you open ftp folder on right side and computer browser in left window. For FXP transfer you need to find option for opening ftp window on both sides and login to both the servers. Now try copying file from one server to another.

Ok..But you can't do FXP transfer for downloading Wordpress Zip file since you don't have access to Wordpress FTP servers.

In this case you can use a download script which can download the file to your server. The script is rapidleech. Get it from www.rapidleech.com Install it on your server. And Enter the wordpress download url in it. It will download the zip file onto your server. Now you can install wordpress by extracting wordpress from zip file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom