Wireless vs Wired Mouse

deathwish

Are you dead yet?
I need a new mouse for my laptop as the previous one inexplicably stopped working one fine day. :x

So I thought that this time around I would go for a wireless mouse as it provides more flexibility. However, I would like to know whether it is a wise choice or are there issues with wireless mice that I should keep in mind.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Not all wireless mice are created equal. What is your budget? Coz you can always get a better wired mouse at the same price of a wireless one.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Would you be using the mouse for gaming or just for normal usage? And I think you should better get a Logitech mouse than Microsoft.
Wireless mice dont have any big problems as such. Except for the fact that they are little heavier owing to the AA battery. Tracking is not a problem and they work fine. The main problem with some of them is the interference issues with the wireless devices and electromagnetic interference likes phones and routers. But it used to be an old issue. Seems it has been sorted out in most cases.

Tejas.Gupta

Ethical Hacker :)
Wireless mouse eat a lot of batteries If u will use the mouse for regular purpose then go for a wired mouse only :)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I need a new mouse for my laptop as the previous one inexplicably stopped working one fine day. :x

So I thought that this time around I would go for a wireless mouse as it provides more flexibility. However, I would like to know whether it is a wise choice or are there issues with wireless mice that I should keep in mind.
I suggest go for a wireless desktop combo instead, just for a few hundred more. Wireless keyboard/mice have come a long way, no more random disconnections, no lag nothing. Practically you won't find any difference between a wired & wireless set now with regards to usage. Not to worry about the battery life too.

At 1.4K Logitech MK260 is a good option. Keyboard is very light weight, smaller than your usual keyboard & spill resistant, has auto sleep & hence 24month claimed battery life.

Mouse is medium sized, comfortable to use and has good tracking over many surfaces. Claimed battery life of 5 months.

I personally use this for my laptop as well, used mostly for browsing & casual gaming. Bought it in March, Still using the bundled batteries. So roughly 4 months since my purchase, so their claim of 5 month battery life is true afterall.

Wireless mouse eat a lot of batteries If u will use the mouse for regular purpose then go for a wired mouse only :)

wireless mouse dnt have good long life.. i would suggest you to go for Wired one

Wireless Keyboard/mouse technologies have come a long way brothers. Those aren't an issue now.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I would prefer a Wireless Keyboard at any time, since in a wireless mouse, tracking the mouse pointer with eyes from a distance would just be a PITA. And since I prefer keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys more.
And as sriharsha_madineni explained, combo would be a wise choice.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Wireless Keyboard/mouse technologies have come a long way brothers. Those aren't an issue now.

nothing like this.. i have used 2 logitech wireless mouse.. none of them last more than a year..

better spend money on a much better quality wired mouse

Top Bottom