wireless router????

anmol4all

Broken In
hi i have ordered a wireless router on flipkart ( Flipkart: Buffalo 150Mbps Wireless-N Wireless Entry Model Router: Router )

i have a wired internet connection and i want to use it on my phone by wi fi, so please guide me set up the network.

i have some quick question regarding wireless network as i have no idea about it-
1.Can i use my wireless network without leaving my PC on.
2.difference in router and access point?
3.does router need to be configured every time i disconnect it??

and i will e using it only for home soi have no problem of range.

and when i want to connect my pc to internet then should i disconnect router and connect cable to my pc in order to use internet or should i use then extra 5 ports on router itself to connect my pc??? will using that ports increase my ping???

Renny

Padawan
1. Yes you can use your wireless connection without leaving the PC ON (You will be configuring the router from the PC mostly).

2. A Router routes packets across networks. An AP connects devices wirelessly, so a wired router+AP = Wireless router (I think).

3. No, the configuration is done once, you can change it and save it whenever you want to.

OP
A

anmol4all

Broken In
1. Yes you can use your wireless connection without leaving the PC ON (You will be configuring the router from the PC mostly).

2. A Router routes packets across networks. An AP connects devices wirelessly, so a wired router+AP = Wireless router (I think).

3. No, the configuration is done once, you can change it and save it whenever you want to.

can you check that the router i ordered is good for home use or not???
and post a config guide if possible

Top Bottom