Wireless Router Buying Help :)

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
Hello Digit I want to buy wireless router budget Rs.2000 and please select from Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Accessories

DDIF

Custom User Title
So that mean you already have a modem. Okay check TP Link N150 on ebay.in for INR 1176/-

Best deal I think.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
You can consider Asus N13. You'll get a USB port in your router which you can be use as a mini-cloud in your home network.
In future, if you buy a 3G data card, you can insert it in the USB slot of the router and connect via Wi-Fi.
Costs 3k, but I think it's worth the price.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
hi guys..even i am planning to buy one....i have bsnl usb adsl modem ..and share it using a netgear switch(only lan)...

now i want to share the internet throughout my home on wifi...should i go for wifi-modem or wifi router/switch?

My present arrangement is

*oi44.tinypic.com/xqizgh.jpg

Last edited:

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
hi guys..even i am planning to buy one....i have bsnl usb adsl modem ..and share it using a netgear switch(only lan)...

now i want to share the internet throughout my home on wifi...should i go for wifi-modem or wifi router/switch?

My present arrangement is

*oi44.tinypic.com/xqizgh.jpg

You can get a modem-cum-WiFi-router. No hassles of using a separate modem and router.
Get the ones from TP-Link. They are cheap and VFM products IMO.

DDIF

Custom User Title
1. You can always sell the switch or if you are like me then you will keep it and use it for some of your experiments. What is the interface speed of your switch, 100 mbps or 1gbps?

If it is 1 gbps then keep it to share files over LAN otherwise sell it.
If you want to buy just a router then go for TP-Link or anything but if you wanna buy a Modem/Router then IMHO you should choose ASUS.

2. If you just wanna use internet on mobile through wi-fi then why not use your LapTop's wi-fi adapter as hotspot? So easy to do in Win 7, even some apps can do this for you. Provided that you do have a wi-fi capable laptop.
This would be the cheapest option.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
1. You can always sell the switch or if you are like me then you will keep it and use it for some of your experiments. What is the interface speed of your switch, 100 mbps or 1gbps?

If it is 1 gbps then keep it to share files over LAN otherwise sell it.
If you want to buy just a router then go for TP-Link or anything but if you wanna buy a Modem/Router then IMHO you should choose ASUS.

2. If you just wanna use internet on mobile through wi-fi then why not use your LapTop's wi-fi adapter as hotspot? So easy to do in Win 7, even some apps can do this for you. Provided that you do have a wi-fi capable laptop.
This would be the cheapest option.

ya i tried connectify :mrgreen: ...but have to keep laptop on for that every time and also the range is very less..i wanna browse from my bed :mrgreen:

OP
SunnyGamingHD2

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
sorry i did not mention it before i have already Nokia Siemens residential router 1600 which is SL2_141 (Type-B)ADSL Modem , is there any router to which i connect my router and increase WiFi range and my LAN speed thanks!!!!

DDIF

Custom User Title
Don't worry about connection limit. I have a 4 Mbps connection and sometime 6 devices use my connection simultaneously over wi-fi.

OP
SunnyGamingHD2

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
Thanks you all Digitians

Is D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N 300 Router and D-Link DSL-2730U Wireless N 150 ADSL2+ 4-Port Router a good product? and what is difference between both?

Last edited:

DDIF

Custom User Title
The first one is just a router(you need to connect it to a modem to browse internet) and supports 300 mbps wireless transfer standard, the second one is modem cum router(built in modem) with 150 mbps wireless speed. The actual speed will depend on your wireless card too.
It's up to you which one you wanna buy.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Thanks all..
I Brought Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router (White) @ 1275Rs..working good

Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router (White)

OP
SunnyGamingHD2

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
After survey i think Asus DSL-N10 Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router is best and its installation is also hassle free.

Top Bottom