wireless router acts strangely

DOST_FRIEND59

Broken In
I am owning a Asus DSL N10 wifi router which i use to connect my PC via LAN and my Laptop via WI-FI.
It was working fine but now most of the time it does not connect my laptop to it and if it does then also as soon i goes out of my room the connection stops working. the wifi router is installed in my Room.

this is happening since Monday, i even tried restoring it to factory settings and then did all the settings again but still no luck.

Whenever My PC LAN is active it never connects and even if it gets connected it shows Limited Connectivity.

Please help me

Thanks in Advance.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I have a DSL N-10 which had got the exact same problems. The reason is heat. Mine runs extremely hot and has made a brown patch on the place where it sits. After some time when the internals are not able to handle the heat, the WiFi connection starts dropping frequently, like in every few minutes.

To solve it, I used a spare SMPS fan, kept it on top of the router near the vents and connected it to a 12v supply. Fresh air gets in through the side vents and is pulled out by the fan from the top. I kept both the router's and the fan's power source plugged in to the same power outlet, so that the fan would keep running whenever the router is on.

After this arrangement, my router is ice cold (not even warm, even cooler than room temps sometimes) and I've never experienced a connection drop since. :)

Most of Asus routers are known to run hot. Search the internet and you will know.

Try doing a small experiment if you don't have any DC fans with you. Keep a table fan directed to your N-10 and see the difference.

Top Bottom