wireless modem+router, how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

virus_killer

Journeyman
Guys,

I have got cable broadband connection at home and also got two laptops. currently i am connected with cable modem. whenever i want to access Internet through wireless, i always have to connect one of the laptop to the cable coming out from the modem. i want to get rid of that.

All i want to do is, i want to access internet through wireless without connecting any computer with that modem. I have heard about the wireless modem+router. should i go for it? and could anyone please explain me that how it would work? I have also heard from my friends that if i get this combo device (wireless modem+router) then my connection has most probably chances to keep disconnecting from the wireless router. is it true?

Please guys suggest me what should i do ? any reply would be highly appreciated.

saboo.dinesh

Right off the assembly line
u heard it right..there r many products called "Modem with Wireless router" ...they work fine as for me..u dont need two devices in that case...but i am not sure whether u find it for cable broadband...i have a BSNL ADSL connection..get one of a good brad n it will work fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom