Wired Router Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
i need a router to connect 5 pcs...or atleast 4 for my broadband connection (wit ehternet cable)

i dun wanna spend much on router so wich is the cheapest option to do so?

n how much wud a wired router approximately cost.....

Enjoy~!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Netgear and the D-link are the stable & good router at good price level

BUT if there is LINKSYS available means close ur eyes go for LINKSYS , cause linksys outperforms the D-link & the netgear !

satyamy

Alive Again...
D-Link ADSL Router Cost Rs. 1650/- in Lamington Road, Mumbai

but if you need to do networking like connecting 5-6 pcs in 1 network and using same internet connection for all than use any 100Mbps, 8 Port Cheap Ethernet Switch will cost you Approx 700-750

some ebay help
Switch
*shop.ebay.in/items/_W0QQ_sopZ2?_nk...sb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=router&_osacat=0

Router
*shop.ebay.in/items/_W0QQ_sopZ2?_nk...id=m270.l1313&_odkw=ethernet+switch&_osacat=0

Last edited:
OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
so wich wud b better...i mean will router benefit with speed on splitting the connection...wats d diffrnce?

ps: its not necesary tat all systems will b on at same time...v r using at home.

Enjoy~!

satyamy

Alive Again...
so wich wud b better...i mean will router benefit with speed on splitting the connection...wats d diffrnce?

My Personal Experience with Switch
Product : Switch
Brand : Made in China / Local Product (No Company Name on Box)
Warranty :
1 year Warranty
Cost : Rs. 750 (Approx 18months Old)
Configuration/Speed : 10/100Mbps, 8 Port
Cable Cost : Rs. 15/meter

Experience :
I connected 5 PC, (LAN Card Speed is 100mbps) with MTNL Triband, 4 of them running Windows XP One is Running Windows Vista

Internet Sharing :
Internet Speed was Absolutely fine no problem at all because Switch was 10/100mbps and net speed dosent gives more than 1MBps :D

File Transfer :
100MB file take approx 6-8 sec means you can assure that file transfer speed will be 10mbps
In that same PC if you transfer a 100mb file from one drive to other its transfer speed is 17-18mbps, so I think 10mbps in LAN is fine
Summary : The Switch is running fine without any Problem from more than 18months

You can get a Local 100mbps Switch for Rs. 500 without warranty
My Suggestion for you is to go for a 100mbps Switch which has 1year Warranty (will cost approx 700rs.) :p

If you are Speed Hungry you can go for 1GB(1000mbps) switch but for running you must have the same compatible speed LAN Card and Cables

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
lol...more importantly....need to have dat fast conn also...i jus hv 256kbps conn wud b upgrading to 512kbps soon

Enjoy~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom