Wipro accused of breaking marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasulic

Journeyman
Wipro Chairman Azim Premji is used to being called a software czar and a member of the world’s billionaire club. But a homebreaker?

On Wednesday, Kanpur-based Tripti Nigam filed a case against her husband Gaurav Nigam, an engineer at Wipro Technologies in Bangalore, and his boss Premji. She alleged that the IT major was "promoting illicit relationships" and breaking her home by giving her husband a "dating allowance".

"With this dating allowance, the firm helps my husband to keep up his illicit relationships with women. It is nothing but a home-breaking allowance," said Tripti.

The Nigams' two-year marriage is reportedly on the rocks. While Gaurav filed for divorce in April, Tripti in turn sued him and her in-laws in October under the new Domestic Violence Act. Now Premji is drawn into their conflict, with the court summoning him.

Kanpur’s Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Ravindra Kumar issued notices to Premji, Gaurav and Pratik Kumar, head of Wipro’s human resource division, asking them to appear in person. Wipro has been asked to explain why it is giving a dating allowance to its workers.

On Thursday, a Wipro spokesman denied the company gave dating allowance to its employees. He said Premji’s office had not yet received any summons nor was the firm aware of the case.

According to Tripti’s lawyer Nandalal Jaiswal, Premji and others have been asked to appear before the court on November 29.

*www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1850991,000900010004.htm

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
There is no dating allowance in Wipro.. :)

else it would have been there in my offer letter.. :D

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
It seems they do have Dating Allowance ... I checked with my friends in Wipro .... donno if they provide dates as well :D

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
The latest news is that the wife of the Software Engineer (working in Wipro) has withdrawn the case!!!

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
vasulic said:
why jguru?

The wife of the Software Engineer withdrew the case, maybe due to some pressure
from Wipro.Since this is a very bad publicity for the company!!

@Yamaraj, If the company announces similar packages for wives, then there'll be
big trouble for almost all the marriages (of husband/wife working in Wipro)!!!
I don't think that that happened.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
JGuru said:
@Yamaraj, If the company announces similar packages for wives, then there'll be
big trouble for almost all the marriages (of husband/wife working in Wipro)!!!
I don't think that that happened.
You didn't get the humor! ;)

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
manas said:
There is no dating allowance in Wipro.. :)

else it would have been there in my offer letter.. :D
There IS a dating allowance...infact many IT & BPO firms offer "Dating Allowance" to retain their employee as there is a huge attrition rate in both IT & BPO industry...Dating Allowance is one of the many "perks" offered to employees in the hope of countering the staggering attrition.

As per the move by "Tripti Nigam" to drag Azim Premji into it is a "smart move"...coz by dragging him in the case becomes "high profile" with media coverage & in the bargain speedy trial, instead of the usual snail paced judicial system that we have...very smart of the lawyer who must suggested this to her.

S

SE><IE

true; ma bro works with wipro and he doesn't get any dating allowance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom