WinXP SP2 reboots when try using windows sound recorder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Howdy,
I got this genuine winxp sp2 which hhave this problem:it reboots suddenly when try using the in-built sound recorder under accessories menu.what should i do to rectify.. :?

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
if i press 'record' button for trying to record something,the system suddenly reboots!

phatratt

In the zone
prakash kerala said:
if i press 'record' button for trying to record something,the system suddenly reboots!

When you record,its is first stored on RAM and then later when you save it,it is saved on the hard disk!!.You have not specified how much minutes of recording you do??More amount of RAM you have wou can record for longer time.Since you are using winxp with sp2 I assume you have atleast 256MB of RAM which allows recording upto 8-10mins(correct me if am wrong) or even more.Also try to put up a huge cache of pagefile.

Also,just like others said it could be corrupted drivers,sometimes most on-board sound card are not DIGITALLY SIGNED by microsoft hence they have minor glitches.BEst bet is update the drivers.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
this problem my friend is also suffering from , the problem is not about lenght of recording , it's about u just click the record button and the XP COMP. gets restarted
!!!!!!!!!!!!

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
i am getting same problem while voice chatting in yahoo msger, googletalk.

WIn XP 2002 + SP2+all patches
latest sound drivers installed.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
i am sure i have installed correct wingdows certified [DIGITALLY SIGNED ]drivers from intel for my 915GAV with 512MB DDR RAM.the problem is if i jus press the record button it hangs? for a second and reboots.REBOOTSin the sense that like you pressing your restart button in your pcs cabinet!help

phatratt

In the zone
prakash kerala said:
i am sure i have installed correct wingdows certified [DIGITALLY SIGNED ]drivers from intel for my 915GAV with 512MB DDR RAM.the problem is if i jus press the record button it hangs? for a second and reboots.REBOOTSin the sense that like you pressing your restart button in your pcs cabinet!help

try alternate third party recording software like total recorder

*www.highcriteria.com/

countrock

Broken In
try using another driver..like form the mobo manufacturer site. because its the driver problem only as far as i can make out. jsut because a driver is signed doesnt mean its perfect.
(sud be..but this is not a perfect world :) )

if even this fails then there is soemthing wrong with ur windows.

PS: windows recorder does not record more than 1min :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom