1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Winfile alternate in Win XP??

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by pravin4u, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pravin4u

pravin4u New Member

Like, if we want to change the association of the files its, the 'winfile' we run in win 98, whats the file name for the same thing in Win xp, 2000 :?:

2. sohummisra

sohummisra New Member

you mean what file type opens in which program?

there are two ways you can do this. firstly you can click on one of those files, go to properties and select Open With... and select the program. the second one i've just forgotten and i will look it up right now!!

3. sohummisra

sohummisra New Member

aha...the other way you can do it is open any explorer window (such as My Computer) and then go to Tools->Folder Options.

There choose File Types and wait for the list to load. There you can select any file type and change the program, add new file extensions and associations to the list or even delete anyone.

If these two things don't work, just go to help and support and then type in file association and it should come up with the relevant article.

4. OP
    OP
    pravin4u

pravin4u New Member

Thanks sohu.. but i already knew these methods, what i am asking is alternate for winfile :)

5. sohummisra

sohummisra New Member

hahaha....my mistake then. i just use these methods when trying to change file types. I guess you could use download.com or google. heheh. later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.