Status
Not open for further replies.

rajs

Right off the assembly line
hi,
i hav a amd 2400+
256mb ram
wit windows media center installed on it
i use to hav a slow running sys :( :( :( :( b4 but after i cleared some services it bcame a bit fast :) now the prob is tat my windows is not shutting down plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me
now currently i'm using hiberinate to save current and i knw :!: it has disadv. wit it so plzz help me soon guys

legolas

Padawan
do u get any error code or error message when shutting down? r u able to shutdown immediately after signing in your user account? and also r u able to shutdown from the login screen itself? what version of MCE do u use? the first or the final release? i mean the proper release? pls provide with all information more than this which is possible to help in. thk u.

/legolas

aadipa

Padawan
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;-----
  ;-----  Speed up shutdown
  ;-----
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"AutoEndTasks"="1"
"HungAppTimeout"="100"
"WaitToKillAppTimeout"="1000"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control]
"WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="1000"

Save this as "shutdown.reg", and double click to merge the changes to registry.

WARNNING: Programs will not wait for saving unsaved files at shutdown after you apply this tip.

Tech&ME

Banned
If none of the above suggestion works do the following:

Press <Windows Logo Key>.......(the key with the Windows Logo on it) along with the <R> key or Press them together, this will bring up the RUN Dialog Box

Now enter the following command in it

shutdown -s

Note : the command should be typed exactly shown above. A count down meter will automatically appear on your screen and then the shutdown will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom