windows7 - min RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Yes, the minimum requirement of Windows 7 is 1 GB. However try in 512 MB, I think it should work. Yes, I did some googling and it should work. (but slow )

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Even Vista Installed on my PC, When my memory was 512 MB - Recently I installed Windows 7 in my Friends PC with 512 MB RAM, N/Ps. Just Install it, You won't feel low speed initially - will notice after installing applications

apoorva84

In the zone
well, i have a p4 system with 1gb ram and windows 7 rc worked fine...but if you enable aero, it will be a bit sluggish..and definitely, a lot sluggish when compared to XP

Gowt1ham

Gowt1ham
I have run Vista with 256mb ram.......cant use it sluggish at best using even classic theme and lowest settings.

Min ram is 512mb I guess. Someone ran Windows 7 on pentium 2.....Took 17min to boot:grin:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hehe.

The minimum ram to run win7 in full glory without slowness is 1Gb. When you turn off aero, it will be 512meg.

harihacker

Broken In
Can easily run on 512 MB... As sugested by these guys suerly turn off Aero.. also if u have a good USB flsh drive with you, ten use it for Ready Boost and you will be good to go......

Have he;ped my cousin to install Win 7 on his crappy laptop with 512 MB ram.. But with a USB, its running great.... Really surprised me with the performance... Give it a try...

harihacker

Broken In
Can easily run on 512 MB... As sugested by these guys suerly turn off Aero.. also if u have a good USB flsh drive with you, ten use it for Ready Boost and you will be good to go......:wink:

Have he;ped my cousin to install Win 7 on his crappy laptop with 512 MB ram.. But with a USB, its running great.... Really surprised me with the performance...:shock: Give it a try...:-D

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Thanks friends.
I registered on the windows 7 RC download site and tried to download, but it keeps giving some error right at the start of download!!
Except ‘Error’ there’s no other message. Has MS stopped allowing any further downloads of Win 7 RC?

I hear Windows 7 Indeed DOES run on 1GB RAM since its officially stated by MS, though they recommend it only for 32bit edition. 64bit edition needs 2GB. But I guess for aero you need a GPU which is ATLEAST as strong as Intel GMA 950.

On configuration like mine (sig rig) you are better off without Aero.

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Is anyone having Youtele Broadband Internet connection and has tried to download Windows 7 RC.
I notice that download error comes only when I am on Youtele. It downloads from my Airtel MO connection.
All other settings including antivirus, firewall etc are just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom