Status
Not open for further replies.

jinsujais

Broken In
Windows XP Activation..............

Does anybody knows about activating WINDOWS XP Manually. I mean without connecting to the internet or by calling their centers. Does their any trick for doing activating.

Also How do they(MICROSOFT) find the pirated CD's, especially through Internet.
How can we test that our Windows is GENUINE.

Please give a solution for my doubts.

KoolFirE

Broken In
Windows XP's Retail and OEM versions requires to be activated and the only way you can activate is either by internet or calling their centers.

Microsoft identifies every software using its Product ID number. For windows that present in the System Properties -> General Tab and for other MS Softwares its present in Help -> About.

You can test if your Software is genuine or not by downloading the Windows Genuine Advantage Tool (its require to be downloaded and authenticated when you download any software or patch from Microsoft's website)

Tech&ME

Banned
jinsujais said:
Windows XP Activation..............

Does anybody knows about activating WINDOWS XP Manually. I mean without connecting to the internet or by calling their centers. Does their any trick for doing activating.

Also How do they(MICROSOFT) find the pirated CD's, especially through Internet.
How can we test that our Windows is GENUINE.

Please give a solution for my doubts.

YES it is possible to activate Windows XP without connecting to internet or call their call centers.

This can be doen by a tool available from Microsoft known as OPK. Only OEM vendors are authorised to use this OPK and are only available with them, you cannot have it.

This procedure is known as Pre-Activation of Windows XP.

And as far as varification of Windows XP CD's are conserned, you can either submit it to Microsoft for varification through online or use the Genuine authentication tool from Microsoft. To get it go :www.microsoft.com

Note: If you intend to activate it illegally, then please refran from post such request here. This completely not allowed in this forum.

USE GENUINE WINDOWS OR BETTER DON'T USE IT AT ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom