windows xp uninstall help

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmanya

Journeyman
hey,
i deleted a file by mistake now i can't get the software name from the add remove programs list. How do i get rid of it?

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
karmanya said:
hey,
i deleted a file by mistake now i can't get the software name from the add remove programs list. How do i get rid of it?
What!You have already got rid of it.:D:D:D:D
Tell a bit more

OP
K

karmanya

Journeyman
thing is i manually deleted the files from the program files folder...how do i remove them from my add/remove programs list?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
You can clean it from registry manually by these steps :
Start > Run > Regedit {Press Enter}
Navigate to the key :
HKeyLocalMachine > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Uninstall

Here in the left hand pane you will see a list of programs that you've installed on your system. The Add Remove Program applet pulls up this list from this location. You can delete the key that correspond to the program that you want to remove from the list.

You may also find some GUIDs like {21KJH2- .... } under the Uninstall key. Its a probability that the program that you wanna remove is under any of these GUIDs .. So you manually check all these .. The program name should be under DisplayName key. When you find the branch corresponding to the program, you can delete the GUID itself.

I'll recommend you to search all your registry for the program name as to remove all traces of the offending program.

Or you might use CrapCleaner to do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom