Windows XP SP3 RC1 Released !!! Officially !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
I will be a lil Blonde.... If I do a fresh install !!

Do i need to install "SP2".... ? before installing "SP3"

Or Fresh install --- ? and SP3 only ?

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I have just made a fresh install and then installed SP3. Commenting on performance will not be right until a few days. Its working quite stable for me.

The reason I said a must install on fresh installs is coz it updates the windows in the SP fashion.

@gsoul2soul
Service packs are cumulative. So you wont need to install SP2.

sabret00the

Youngling
Already downloaded and installed...thanks for telling though..

gsoul2soul said:
I will be a lil Blonde.... If I do a fresh install !!

Do i need to install "SP2".... ? before installing "SP3"

Or Fresh install --- ? and SP3 only ?

I think it makes more sense if you have SP1 and SP2 already installed since "Windows XP SP3 now contains 1,073 patches/hotfixes, not including those in previous service packs..."

OP
spitfire

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
sabret00the said:
Already downloaded and installed...thanks for telling though..

I think it makes more sense if you have SP1 and SP2 already installed since "Windows XP SP3 now contains 1,073 patches/hotfixes, not including those in previous service packs..."

sp3 covers every single patch of sp1 and sp2...you dont need to install sp1 and sp2 ...just install sp3

I am waiting for the final one...when released i wills lipestream that into a cd and only then will doa freash install

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
spitfire said:
I am waiting for the final one...when released i wills lipestream that into a cd and only then will doa freash install
Same here mate :D .. thats the best way to install the xp .. nothing beats that

go4saket

I didnt find any difference except that it installs all patches. So in a way your XP becomes a bit more secured if not completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom