Windows XP SP2 - Compatibility Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

terence

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,
I need all the help I can vgr. Win XP SP2 - Is it OK to install it. (Well Sept'04 copies of the same on my Digit's DVD + CD were corrupted and only 20% and 60% of the extraction took place, before "file corrupt" message woke me up..... Thanks nyways Digit team.... and I abandoned my installation). I then spent nearly 15-16 hrs downloading it.

I have been worried at microsoft's admission of SP2's COMPATIBILITY ISSUES with various softwares. So would it be advisable yet to go ahead and install SP2 .... esp. when I am not facing any problems on my PC???

How does one resolve these compatibility issues ..... is it best to wait till Microsoft comes out with the patches (BTW - 85% ofoftwares on my PC are cracked versions incl Windows XP... ooops!!!!)

All of the foll softwares have problems with SP2 ..... please advice..... (since I use them) ....Norton 2004 Prof (Antivirus; Internet Security Firewall; System Works; Go-Back personal Ed) ..... Yahoo messenger 6; kazaa Lite; Adobe Photoshop 7; Various AUDIO-VIDEO EDITING softwares ...... Cool Edit Pro 2.1; Sound Forge; Sony Vegas 4.0 etc.....

SO GUYS SHOULD I STILL GO AHEAD AND INSTALL SP2...... I have a pacenet broadband (always on) internet connection..... what about SP2 firewall and the blocking of all ports...... would I need a manual re-configuration for everything....... PLEASE SHARE UR EXPERIENCES

OP
T

terence

Addendum to SP2 Compatibility Issues

Oops I forgot to add that a couple of months ago, I installed SP1 on my cracked version of Windows XP SMOOTHLY....... so would SP2 sail thru.... ?and guys I dunno for some "weird reason" I have not been able to access my earlier ID on this forum ..... created at the inception of Digit Forum..... so this is my new ID.

I have also installed Maya on my system..... oops and 3D Studio Max..... well heck a whole lot of the works ... professional softwares..... just to learn.... + Macromedia 2004 (evrything)...... so what's the buzz on SP2.

LASTLY in case of various screw-ups (suppose) is is possible to restore my system to it's earlier state smoothly.....

Thanks all u Geeks n Nerds ...... I really need ur expertise here

theraven

Technomancer
there are patches available for most of the incompatible softwares thru their respective websites
no sp2 will not install on this
u got a new cracked key which supported sp1
thats black listed by now .. so it wont install
sp2 is highly stable and yes .. it does fix a lot of security issues in windows xp
u should get it
the firewall etc are pretty easy to use

Hacker

Hi Guys ,

Sorry for so late looging in the community. Win XP_SP2 can and easily be installed on any system running XP . It's like a Child's Play . Anyone Interested ?? Ctc me

Bye until then

theraven

Technomancer
he doesnt need help installin it
he needs help to determine if he should cuz of the incompatibilities

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Upgrade style xp 2.0 to higher version and if u have AVG update it too. Actually u canget the info at microsoft service centre.

G

gxsaurav

I m uing it, till now no cpmpatibility issues, not even with nero which is listed,, I m using a 128 kbps cable net

G

gxsaurav

Look at my giude to disable some things in SP2 & tweak it, 2nd version is on it's way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom