1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Windows XP SP2 - Compatibility Issues

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by terence, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terence

terence New Member

Hi Guys,
    I need all the help I can vgr. Win XP SP2 - Is it OK to install it. (Well Sept'04 copies of the same on my Digit's DVD + CD were corrupted and only 20% and 60% of the extraction took place, before "file corrupt" message woke me up..... Thanks nyways Digit team.... and I abandoned my installation). I then spent nearly 15-16 hrs downloading it.

I have been worried at microsoft's admission of SP2's COMPATIBILITY ISSUES with various softwares. So would it be advisable yet to go ahead and install SP2 .... esp. when I am not facing any problems on my PC???

How does one resolve these compatibility issues ..... is it best to wait till Microsoft comes out with the patches (BTW - 85% ofoftwares on my PC are cracked versions incl Windows XP... ooops!!!!)

All of the foll softwares have problems with SP2 ..... please advice..... (since I use them) ....Norton 2004 Prof (Antivirus; Internet Security Firewall; System Works; Go-Back personal Ed) ..... Yahoo messenger 6; kazaa Lite; Adobe Photoshop 7; Various AUDIO-VIDEO EDITING softwares ...... Cool Edit Pro 2.1; Sound Forge; Sony Vegas 4.0 etc.....

SO GUYS SHOULD I STILL GO AHEAD AND INSTALL SP2...... I have a pacenet broadband (always on) internet connection..... what about SP2 firewall and the blocking of all ports...... would I need a manual re-configuration for everything....... PLEASE SHARE UR EXPERIENCES

2. OP
    OP
    terence

terence New Member

Addendum to SP2 Compatibility Issues

Oops I forgot to add that a couple of months ago, I installed SP1 on my cracked version of Windows XP SMOOTHLY....... so would SP2 sail thru.... ?and guys I dunno for some "weird reason" I have not been able to access my earlier ID on this forum ..... created at the inception of Digit Forum..... so this is my new ID.

I have also installed Maya on my system..... oops and 3D Studio Max..... well heck a whole lot of the works ... professional softwares..... just to learn.... + Macromedia 2004 (evrything)...... so what's the buzz on SP2.

LASTLY in case of various screw-ups (suppose) is is possible to restore my system to it's earlier state smoothly.....

Thanks all u Geeks n Nerds ...... I really need ur expertise here

3. theraven

theraven Active Member

there are patches available for most of the incompatible softwares thru their respective websites
    no sp2 will not install on this
    u got a new cracked key which supported sp1
    thats black listed by now .. so it wont install
    sp2 is highly stable and yes .. it does fix a lot of security issues in windows xp
    u should get it
    the firewall etc are pretty easy to use

4. techno_funky

techno_funky da' Ťurntable ruleth

5. Hacker

Hacker New Member

Hi Guys ,

Sorry for so late looging in the community. Win XP_SP2 can and easily be installed on any system running XP . It's like a Child's Play . Anyone Interested ?? Ctc me

Bye until then

6. theraven

theraven Active Member

he doesnt need help installin it
    he needs help to determine if he should cuz of the incompatibilities

7. sUlPhUr|nE`

sUlPhUr|nE` New Member

What do u mean by ANYONE INTERESTED ???
    R u gonna go to others places & install SP2 over there????

8. adithyagenius

adithyagenius I WANT MORE FPS!!

Upgrade style xp 2.0 to higher version and if u have AVG update it too. Actually u canget the info at microsoft service centre.

9. gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

I m uing it, till now no cpmpatibility issues, not even with nero which is listed,, I m using a 128 kbps cable net

10. gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

Look at my giude to disable some things in SP2 & tweak it, 2nd version is on it's way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.