windows XP problem. pagefile.sys is corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow a file called pagefile.sys has been corrupted i guess :( when i start my system,windows loads, but then suddenly icons, taskbar, etc., all are vanished. What should i do?

task manager will not show up.. damn what can i do now.. format? anyone had this problem?

ashfame

Padawan
You guess you have something with your page file, then try doing this. Hit (Windows key + Pause|Break) to bring up System Properties. Click on Advanced tab. Click settings under performance and then choose advanced and then choose change. There set the sytem to not to use paging file and then re-enable it. This might fix your issue with paging file.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
K u gotta be little more descriptive, what makes you believe the pagefile.sys is @ fault ? Do you get any error message ? Which OS ? Tried booting safe mode ? Scanned for virus ?

The CyberShot

Broken In
I'm not really confident about the solution of your problem, but I suggest you try and delete the 'pagefile.sys' file on all your hard disk drives, if it exists(Most probably, you may be able to do this using Linux boot disks or using DOS or by logging into Safe Mode.) Then you may reboot your computer and set the Paging File size as you wish.

If this doesn't fix the problem, try visiting this link which I found while searching Google for information regarding your problem. I couldn't check the contents of the site as I was in a hurry and the page was a bit too long. You gotta do that yourself. Sorry about that.

Here's the link:
*www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-421948.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom