Windows Xp pro. not installing in my pc HELP!!! PLZ =(

43tanmay

Broken In
Hi I am new to this forum so I am having a very big trouble installing xp on my pc I am trying this for atleast a month but nothing helped me so I came here. so the problem started when one day I just did an update of xp home edition to xp Professional [that time my computer was running fine with xp and I didnt have any problem installing xp]
then when the update was completed I restarted my computer then I experienced a very slow speed
so I thought that this can be due to the update so I tried installing the fresh copy of xp Professional from my bootable xp usb pendrive then the problem comes up when at the setup is copying installation files everytime an error comes up like xxx.xxx file cannot be copied so I have some options like retry exit setup and skip so I tried to skip the file but this error comes up for EVERY FILE, I tried installing it like 100 times but I failed I tried every possible fix but nothing worked someone sad that this can be due to corrupt memory but I have also done a ram check which comes out to be with 0 errors then I thot that lets try to install windows 7 then guess what it installed PERFECTLY so basically this error only comes up at installing xp SO GUYS PLZ HELP ME =( how do I install xp on my pc what m I doing wrong :(

and I also tried installing it from 2 different cds but nothing same error :| and I have installed xp like 5-6 times on the same computer from a usb bootable xp and that time it was installing it perfectly

and I cannot use windows 7 because there is no gfx driver for windows 7 for my computer and there is only for xp

and sorry for my bad enlish :(

My pc specs are

intel 82845g proccesor
gigabyte motherboard
768mb ram [512+256]

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
And btw, dump XP. Ubuntu or Win 7. Drivers should be there. Try *www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php to find the drivers.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
try the hdd on another computer and try to install xp on there. are you sure windows 7 installation was a successful one? can you post a screenshot of crystaldisk info?

OP

43tanmay

Broken In
m replying u from win7 on this computer only :| and i didnt have any single problm installing win7 on this hard disk . it just happens with win xp only no matter what version i try to install home or pro the same error comes up that file cannot be copied :(

OP

43tanmay

Broken In
here is the crystaldisk info of my hdd

diskinfo.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
your hard disk has bad sectors & most likely xp install is trying to copy files to these bad sectors but windows 7 install avoid these sectors(being a newer os maybe it has some kind of mechanism to skip bad sectors while installing).

if those 2 yellow attributes raw values keep increasing then it is time to replace the hdd.

OP

43tanmay

Broken In
your hard disk has bad sectors & most likely xp install is trying to copy files to these bad sectors but windows 7 install avoid these sectors(being a newer os maybe it has some kind of mechanism to skip bad sectors while installing).

if those 2 yellow attributes raw values keep increasing then it is time to replace the hdd.

thanks whitestar for replying , is there any possible way of fixing those bad sectors or installing xp ? like installing xp from windows 7 without booting? i just want to install xp once no matter how long it takes :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try creating multiple partitions or change size of the existing partition in which you are trying to install xp & then try in that partition or another partition.it is based on assumption that some partition will have no bad sectors where you can install xp.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i think hiren boot cd has some tools which can be used to isolate those bad sectors from accessing furthermore.

OP

43tanmay

Broken In
try creating multiple partitions or change size of the existing partition in which you are trying to install xp & then try in that partition or another partition.it is based on assumption that some partition will have no bad sectors where you can install xp.

it seems that my hard disk is full of bad sectors because i have tried installing xp on all four partitions and creating a new partition but nothing fixed the setup only copies 1/100 files or some times 1/50 files.

and how it can be possible that my hard disk created so many bad sectors in 2-3 days becoz as i told i when i updated xp home edition to pro[the process of update and installation is almost same i think bcoz it copies installation files on my hard disk to install] and it updated with no problems then my computer was running too slow then i formatted that partition and tried installing xp pro and home again on that partition but then suddenly they are not installing? can a virus create so many bad sectors? becoz i was not having my antivirus running that time so is it a virus that created so many bad sectors?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
when operating system is already installed & running it does have some capability to detect & avoid bad sectors but this also results in slowing down of system which seems to be the case here.anyway if win 7 is installing correctly then i suggest use it for about a week & daily check HDD values using crystaldisk info(use portable zip version not installer exe version which comes with adware now-a-days).if those yellow attributes raw values keep increasing/changing then it is time to replace that hdd.also just for future reference viruses can not damage a hdd but even then you must always use AV.there are good free AV's like avast & avira so there is no excuse for not using an AV.

Top Bottom