windows xp not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhav_har

In the zone
I have got Windows XP as my OS. Till yesterday it was working fine. Today morninig when i switched my PC on then after the windows xp logo screen the screen stays blank and it does not go into windows. the os boots in safe mode but not in normal mode. please help

Anubhav

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
hmmm...i had faced a similar problem once, but i wasnt even able to boot into the safe mode...but u can try this:
if u have the bootable win xp cd, boot into the safe mode, put in the cd, run>cmd and enter sfc /scannow
if that doesnt work, boot with the windows bootable cd and perform an installation over the original installation (not a new installation)

but whatever u do, ur win xp will never be the same....it will be slowed to a great extent...(if u had any sevice packs installed, things will get worse)...the best option is to backup ur files on a different partition or burn them on a cd and perform a clean win xp installation.

siddharth

Right off the assembly line
sreevirus said:
hmmm...i had faced a similar problem once, but i wasnt even able to boot into the safe mode...but u can try this:
if u have the bootable win xp cd, boot into the safe mode, put in the cd, run>cmd and enter sfc /scannow
if that doesnt work, boot with the windows bootable cd and perform an installation over the original installation (not a new installation)

but whatever u do, ur win xp will never be the same....it will be slowed to a great extent...(if u had any sevice packs installed, things will get worse)...the best option is to backup ur files on a different partition or burn them on a cd and perform a clean win xp installation.

Reinstalling windows will help. System files are currupt. Prob faced my me 3 times. Generally happens with pirated windows. In safe mode, check for errors.

OP
A

anubhav_har

In the zone
your reply

thanks... but sfc in windows xp does not work in safe mode.. i tried that before only... i did restore my system using system restore and it restored it and windows xp started. but my system became very slow and i could not do anything else. this is why i formatted my system and reinstalled xp... but thanks for the reply

imprince

Journeyman
Re: your reply

anubhav_har said:
thanks... but sfc in windows xp does not work in safe mode.. i tried that before only... i did restore my system using system restore and it restored it and windows xp started. but my system became very slow and i could not do anything else. this is why i formatted my system and reinstalled xp... but thanks for the reply

hey not sfc

try sfc /scannow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom