Windows XP installation setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

suniltr77

Broken In
I have done some error in making the integration of XP source CD with RyanVM 2.2.1 pack and some addon. Though the process seems to be OK, but while upgrading with that new CD it failed to run the setup process after rebooting( after copying files).

After the file copy and reboot I get a screen like
File\$WIN_NT$.~BT\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded
The error code is 4
Press any key to restart.

After that whenever I try to open the PC it gives the 2 options normal winXP and WINXP setup Everytime I have to choose the option of Normal bootup. PC runs normally but it is irritating. HOW to fix it.I tried in the safe mode but didnot work.

motobuntu

Journeyman
right click on My Computer>properties>advanced>startup & recovery>edit

boot.ini will open in notepad, now set "timeout=0" (without quotes), delete the entry for xp setup.

save the file and reeboot the system.

Find & delete the directory created by XP setup during installation to rescue some disk space.

OP
S

suniltr77

Broken In
Thanks a lot motobuntu.I have successfully overcome the problem. But I don't find the directory created by XP setup during installation. Where it should be located?

motobuntu

Journeyman
nice to know that ur problem is ressolved.
for the xp temporary installation folder serch for something like "$WIN_NT$" in your drives and then first rename it reboot the pc to check it dosen't effect ur normal working, and if everything works well u can delete that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom